CVS Health Senior Consultant - Logistics Operations in Woonsocket, Rhode Island
This position is responsible for supporting the management of courier vendor agreements that support Omnicare last mile transportation from the Omnicare Pharmacies to the long term care facilities and handle any issues or concerns regarding quality of service. Responsible for assisting the CVS Procurement team in the transportation courier services RFPs, negotiations, contract development and expense inputs, including transportation rates and billing. Serve as departmental liaison between various business partners and operations management within the organization regarding courier service needs. Manage courier compliance program. Responsibilities also include a lead role within the Freight Audit, Courier invoicing process and Customer Service Model.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES - The following list is illustrative, not exhaustive.
• Track total couriers spend by type/mode of delivery for Omnicare deliveries.
• Assist with identifying potential RFPs and negotiating new rates for cost savings opportunities.
• Manages communication between Couriers, pharmacy operations, and management with regard to pick up, cancellation, and schedule changes to ensure clarity and timeliness of communication.
• Serve as a contact between Courier & Omnicare Rx team.
• Resolve all discrepancies with regard to billing and Courier invoicing payment process.
• Ensure Couriers comply with all federal, state, and local regulations for Last Mile Delivery. Implement procedures to ensure regulations are met.
• Assist in the management of freight audit administration and reporting.
• Partner with Internal Operations Managers and pharmacy managers to meet customer expectations.
• Create, maintain and distribute Omnicare last mile metric reports/scorecard.
• Define and analyze performance metrics on a weekly/monthly basis. Collaborate with operations on adding efficiencies to delivery process that will drive down total Courier spend and improve customer service.
• Partner with 3rd party Logistics provider to monitor Courier performance and implement solutions to ensure service levels are attained.
• 2+ years prior experience in supply chain, distribution, or inventory management
• Bachelor’s degree
• Project Management experience, ability to articulate the process took, milestones hit and adjusting steps as needed
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• TMS (Transportation Management System) experience
• Demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis and independently solve business problems
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, written and verbal
• Strong time management and organizational skills to effectively prioritize and manage multiple initiatives in order to maximize the business impact
• Proven ability to work with a high degree of accuracy, confidentiality and attention to detail
• Proven track record for constructing and presenting data to support recommendations and project objectives
• Proven ability to lead, influence, and drive decision-making and consensus across all levels within the organization
• Proven ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply sound business judgment
• Ability to develop and implement sustainable processes
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking Advice and Counsel at mailto:Advice&Counsel@cvshealth.com
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/