CVS Health Advisor UI Engineer in Woonsocket, Rhode Island
CVS Health is embarking on a bold digital agenda to transform health care and empower millions of customers on their path to better health. We are creating innovative digital solutions that will make health care more accessible, more integrated and more reliable for more people, online and in our stores. We are looking for passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy and growing team to make a difference in customers’ lives and who want to be on the ground floor of digital innovation that aims to reinvent what a pharmacy and a health care company can be.
We are looking for hands-on, passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy and growing team to make a difference in customers’ lives and who want to be on the forefront of digital innovation that aims to reinvent what a pharmacy and a health care company can be in the digital world. The UI Lead Engineer will work with Product and UX teams on developing elegant code and state-of-the-art responsive customer experiences.
• Work closely with product owner and UX teams to design, code and implement web customer experiences
• A customer-centric mentality/passion for building products with great UX
• Solve problems and pro-actively look for ways to improve our products, platform, and UI framework and experiences
• An engineering mindset and strong consideration of the tradeoffs present in every decision
• Leverage rapid prototypes to evaluate and explore solution options and ensure UX/UI feasibility
• Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from, product management and back-end engineers to build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Mentor junior software engineers
• 5+ years as a software engineer, with a minimum of 2+ years as a UI Lead Engineer or in a comparable role
• Experience in web security
• Experience in UI performance testing and cross-browser compatibility testing
• Experience working with distributed systems
• Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Thorough hands-on knowledge working with XML, JSON, HTML, CSS
• Extensive experience using libraries, tools, and frameworks such as: React, Angular, Ember, Underscore, jQuery, Dojo, Bootstrap, Sencha, D3, Backbone, Grunt
• In-depth knowledge of framework code and methods of component architecture
• Experience with responsive UI design and development
• A track record of writing clean, high quality, high performing, scalable code
• Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Experience with optimization skills to improve performance, scalability, and usability of our applications
• Good understanding of ADA and regulatory compliances
• Strong presentation and verbal communications skills
• Verifiable Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Degree in Computer Science strongly preferred.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking Advice and Counsel at mailto:Advice&Counsel@cvshealth.com
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/