Waste Management Sr. Data & Reporting Analyst in WINDSOR, Connecticut
Title: Sr. Data & Reporting Analyst
Location: United States-Connecticut-Windsor
Job Number: 18004279
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider ofcomprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We arestrongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism andfinancial strength. WM serves nearly 25million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal marketsthroughout North America through a network of collection operations, transferstations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy productionprojects.
To enable our business to expand our lead in a market increasinglyenhanced by technology, Waste Management is undertaking a substantialtechnology transformation. We are seeking talented Information Technologyprofessionals to join the Waste Management team who are motivated to help ustransform the way we design, build and use technology. With your skills andexperience, we look for you to combine your technical expertise with industrybest practices in an effort to align information technology solutions withWaste Management business strategy.
The primary function of this role is to maintain, analyze and report data toensure focus on the company’s key performance indicators, and provideinterpretation of the data. The candidate must have the ability to work withsystems to perform analyses on large, complex data sets and conduct analysis offindings and provide strategic insights, hypotheses, actionable recommendationsand conclusions based upon findings to managers and leadership.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities in the following below:
- Ability to create customreports and tell stories with data
- Uncoversissues, evaluates various courses of action, and promotes the best option forresolution.
- Accessand compile large amounts of data and applies statistical techniques to analyzethe data, forecast, interpret, and quantify trends on various aspects ofinformation.
- Identifiesand analyzes data from disparate sources to derive insights and turn data intoactionable information.
- Effectivelyuse data visualization, in summaries and/or dashboards, to enhance translationof data and findings in brief and intelligible format, suitable for anyaudience.
- Abilityto effectively communicate, both written and verbally, with customers andstakeholders to build strong internal and external relationships whilemaintaining a high sense of urgency and customer focus.
- Performdata profiling and root cause analysis to identify and understand anomalies. Asappropriate, work with management and IT to address these issues
- Buildand analyze data sets
- Work with clients and team members educatingthem on our data and providing insights to solve their business problems
Preferred Qualifications / Ability to demonstrate Technical Skills in thefollowing:
- Advancedproficiency with spreadsheet and database management tools
- AdvancedMS Excel skills including VBA programming, macros, and advanced formulas.
- Abilityto manipulate LARGE DATASETS
- Utilizepivot tables and ‘VLookUp’ function with ease
- Strongdata comparison and analysis skills
- Abilityto handle various data types from many sources
- SQLexperience (e.g. executing scripts, manipulating result sets, delivery viaExcel)
- WritingSQL queries
- DataMining and Mapping
Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Business, Accounting, Environmental Sciences,Project Management or other industry-related field, or in lieu of degree, aHigh School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant workexperience.
Experience:Three (3) years of previous business analytics experience with responsibilityin project/business management and/or environmental/sustainability or servicesindustry.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
AtWaste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive totalcompensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance andShort Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K,and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and PersonalDays. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Ifthis sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click"Apply.”
Job Field: Information Technology