JPMorgan Chase Wealth Management, Global Portfolio Implementation, Portfolio Management, Associate in Westerville, Ohio
Firm Introduction : J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities and products to ultra-high net worth individuals and families in 36 countries around the world. The Private Bank delivers highly customized and tailored solutions to help clients with the challenges of substantial wealth, utilizing discretionary investment management, brokerage, tax and estate planning, credit, capital raising and specialty wealth advisory services while leveraging the commercial and investment banking capabilities of the firm.
The Global Portfolio Implementation (GPI) team is the implementation engine for Private Banking's discretionary investment business, providing leverage for investment advisors and other front office partners as they pursue the Firm's growth initiatives. The Global Portfolio Implementation team is responsible for implementing the investment strategy and portfolio construction as indicated by the Private Banking Strategy team. GPI rebalances and manages risk in accounts across our investment management and trust portfolios.
The Portfolio Manager will have the following responsibilities:
• Implementation of portfolio construction recommendations based on Strategy team's calls and investment vehicle selection
• Maintain knowledge of the investment solutions utilized throughout Global Investment Management and Managed Solutions including mutual funds, exchange traded funds, structured notes, hedge funds, and separately managed accounts
• Maintain knowledge of unique requirements and sensitivities of each product and account type
• Review and trade portfolios, manage orders and execute trades across managed account business including the following:
o New account initial investing and phase in
o Timely implementation of strategic and tactical portfolio changes when announced by Portfolio Construction or GIM Product
o Monitor and manage cash and security activity in client accounts
o Account liquidations
o Monitor and manage model drift and strategy deviation
o Relationship management with internal clients (client facing teams)
o Work with various internal partners to complete business initiatives
• Bachelor's degree
• 3+ years’ work experience in financial services industry with Private Wealth Management experience preferred
• Demonstrated understanding of investments
• Problem-Solving Skills: research, gather, arrange, compile, summarize and evaluate data in recommending solutions
• Strong analytical/writing skills, ability to quickly analyze information and creatively reach solutions
• Proven ability as a self-starter, detail-oriented, well organized, strong decision-making skills and able to multi-task effectively
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong time management
• Detail oriented; committed to quality and continuous improvement
• Ability to operate in grey spaces and adapt to work flow variation and change
• Forward-looking and creative thinker, with a general problem-solving mindset
• Excellent software skills: MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access), SharePoint
• Ability to function productively in a fast paced changing environment
• Ability to conceptualize and quickly understand new processes
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.