CVS Health Political Advocacy & Engagement Director in Washington, District Of Columbia
The Director of Political Advocacy and Engagement will be responsible for managing and administrating the CVS Health PAC, implementing a corporate political strategy and leading efforts on employee engagement at all levels of government. This position serves as the hub in the government relations department for political and civic engagement. Political savvy, the ability to create and implement strategies to support business goals through political advocacy and experience in a corporate environment are essential elements of this position. The director will also be responsible for coordinating all internal corporate compliance requirements and communications as well as ensuring compliance with applicable state and federal law.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Develop an advocacy strategy that reflects and supports the goals of government affairs and the enterprise.
• Coordinating political contributions, developing and implementing a multi-year fundraising, marketing and communications plan.
• Retain contributions from current donors and expanding the number of donors to the PAC.
• Develop and implement an aggressive campaign to bring in new PAC donors across the enterprise and communicate the importance of engagement.
• Draft communications, including all solicitation materials, website content, invitations, presentations, talking points and an annual PAC/Engagement report..
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable local, state and Federal campaign finance law and the federal Lobbying Disclosure Act.
Minimum 8 years of relevant experience including:
• Previous experience managing a political action committee.
• Previous experience with corporate giving strategies.
• Experience in successfully building and implementing a PAC fundraising program
Experience and understanding and familiarity with Federal and state policymaking process and government relations.
• Working knowledge of local, state and federal disclosure and reporting, including FEC laws and filing requirements and the Lobbying Disclosure Act;
• Commitment to sound financial practices and experience working with human resource and financial functions within a large organization
• Experience preparing materials for company hosted events for all participants and guests.
• Demonstrated success working in a team environment;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Knowledge of PAC and grassroots management software
• Self starter with a strong commitment to getting the details right.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, and confidence interacting directly with corporate executives;
• Ability to maintain the highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant work experience required.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking Advice and Counsel at mailto:Advice&Counsel@cvshealth.com
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/