Goldman Sachs & Co. Finance Engineer - Credit Risk Technology in Warsaw, Poland
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Credt Risk manages the systems that facilitate the business of Credit Risk Management and Advisory (CRMA), the team that is responsible for sales and counterparty credit risk management and rating agency advisory for investment banking partners. Maintains a scenario stress testing engine that is used in a variety of risk and capital calculations as well as applications to allow for the effective risk management of firm counterparties.
Are you interested in learning about risk and finance or perhaps expanding what you know, while still staying close to your roots as a software engineer? As a business software engineer in the Finance & Risk Engineering organization under the Technology Division, you will have the opportunity to impact one or more aspects of risk management and financial reporting, while working in small, nimble teams.We are looking to fill an Analyst level position to develop next-generation counterparty risk management applications critical to our Risk Division.You will be a an integral part of the build out of web applications to support real-time risk calculations, analytics, and workflow. You will leverage REST and Message queues to integrate our risk systems with all the business critical systems across the firm.Knowledge of React, Java 8, and Spring a plus but not mandatory.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides exposure to all areas of Finance
• Build disruptive solutions using cutting edge technologies with measurable commercial outcome
• Understand business needs, facilitating and developing process workflow, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation
• Develop technical specifications, high level/detailed design, testing strategies, and implementation plans from business requirements
• Manage end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, UAT and maintenance
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelors degree or higher in a STEM field, with an interest in finance
• Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
• Comfortable with working globally in a dynamic, fast-paced environment including multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to adjust style to the audience
• Knowledge of Java 8/React/Spring
• Proficient at working with large and complex code bases
• Familiarity with credit risk (or like) concepts
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Schedule TypeFull Time
Business UnitRisk Engineering