Goldman Sachs & Co. Embedded Site Reliability Engineer in Warsaw, Poland
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
You care deeply about the reliability of your software processes, and loath the smell of poor quality in the data shrine. You consider continuous learning and mentoring to be of the highest, equivalent importance. Everything you do is data-driven - you seek out innovative ways to measure because you can't improve upon the things which you don't measure. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with your team engineers. For you, clever little solutions with scalable impact are warm like sunshine. Automating away repetitive human tasks is a breath of fresh air. You look forward to collaborating with team members and clients alike, and expect to build many long lasting relationships with them.OUR IMPACT:The global Reference Data SRE team is tasked with creating measurable improvement to the reliability of our software processes and the quality of our data stores. We believe we have something to learn from everyone, and that we will not always have an immediate answer. Many of our efforts focus on revitalizing legacy systems, improving measurement, and eliminating work through automation, all while we maintain the big picture focus on how our systems depend on each other. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, blameless postmortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement that is key to both product quality and an interesting and dynamic work-day. We're always improving our systems, ensuring our clients have the best and fastest experience possible.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• When our production systems are impaired or human intervention is required we look inward and ask the question “why is THAT even possible”.
• The answer guides the system changes, task automation, and improved measurement that we will need to minimize reoccurrences – providing a better experience for our users.
• As an Embedded SRE you lead and contribute to technical deep-dives into production outages, software and data, across Reference Data teams.
• In that assessment, this role assists with locating and resolving issues as a hands-on technical leader, and evangelizer of best practice.
• The role regularly presents its findings back to the global SRE team where we collectively seek out next-level solutions, redistribute efforts, and evolve our definition of ‘best practice’.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• An academic study of software design, data structures, complexity, and algorithms.
• 3+ years recent experience in enterprise SDLC environments across multiple compiled AND scripting environments, such as: Java, C#, C++, SQL, Perl, Python, VBA.
• 3+ years recent experience with data environments including relational SQL databases and distributed NoSQL data stores with emphasis on data validation, quality, ETL, and data streams.
• Proficient English communication and presentation skills.
• Aggressive, humble, eager to learn, and hungry.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Schedule TypeFull Time
Business UnitData Intelligence