National Grid Senior Analyst, Project Management Office in Waltham, Massachusetts
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry. To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid’s Gas Business Enablement (GBE) program is a multi-year initiative investing in the future of National Grid’s US Gas Business by modernizing and standardizing Gas Business technology systems and processes. The Program Management Office team within the GBE program performs planning, analysis, performance management and governance activities integral to the successful, on-time delivery of the GBE solution. The GBE program is a hybrid-agile program based on the Scaled Agile Framework ® .
The Senior Analyst, PMO, will drive resource management, governance and compliance, operational management, and support and training activities within the Gas Business Enablement (GBE) program. This role will work primarily with a Lead Program Manager for scope, schedule, and resources to support planning, governance, scheduling, and options analysis for the program. This role will provide keys inputs to the Finance team in support of budget forecasting activities and will work closely with agile teams to collect and analyze resource and capacity information. The Senior Analyst, PMO, will engage internal and external program stakeholders and perform various program management processes within a hybrid Scaled Agile program environment.
• Be responsible for Resource Tracking and Management for a program team of 400+ National Grid employees and consulting partners
• Provide accurate resource management information to the program Finance team for use in labor cost forecasting
• Assist with monthly reconciliations of actual vs forecasted labor costs for the program
• Operationalize Capacity Planning tools, delivering updated views of capacity constraints within an established cadence
• Assist with providing decision support reporting & analysis to drive productive outcomes for program management
Governance & Compliance
• Assist with implementing & governing Gas Business Enablement PMO policies and methodologies
• Effectively communicate PMO policies & methods
• Participate and support the periodic review process of Audit and Rate Case requests
• Assist with compliance reporting of the program within the GBE framework & systems
• Oversee & administrate the facilitation and tracking of Change Requests for the program
• Involvement in all reporting & analytics. Collect & analyze reporting data & present & share with key stakeholders in a meaningful manner to help improve decisions or processes.
Support & Training
• Support Agile coaches and PMO practitioners on program management best practices
• Provide training to any stakeholders as required
• 5+ years of work experience in formal project management
• Certification in recognized project management methodology (preferred)
• Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project
• Advanced skill in Excel
• Able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple activities on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment
• Excellent analytical thinking skills
• Strong customer drive and dedication to quality and success; strong work ethic
• Detail-oriented and able to work well independently
• Ability to provide timely and effective feedback to leadership and team members
• Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Reacts to program adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
• Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including senior leadership and other program members
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.