EY Senior Program Manager in United States
Senior Program Manager
Requisition # UNI00BUI
Post Date Aug 01, 2018
As part of our Americas Tax Technology Group (ATTG) and Global Tax Platform (GTP) team you will be part of a client technology organization that develops and maintains innovative solutions for our client-serving Tax professionals. ATTG / GTP professionals will partner with our Tax professionals to develop supporting technology such as digital/mobile tools to improve internal operations, application of Robotics Process Automation (RPA) to collect financial data, development of advanced financial dashboards, visualization, analytics, and reports.
The Senior Program/Project Manager (SPM) and Scrum Master (SM) role forms part of the ATTG Portfolio Management Office pillar. Part of the main function of this pillar is to ensure that projects and programs forming part of specific portfolios are completed on time and on budget and aim to exceed the business expectations. Many of the SPM/SM responsibilities will be focused around new client onboarding and implementation initiatives.
• Partner with the Solutions Delivery and Business Practice Teams to understand their portfolio, business strategy, prioritization, etc. to facilitate quality Solutions Delivery
o Support SSL by successful delivery of their programs, leading to the growth of the business
• Work with IT Global Program Management Office and cross functional PMOs to define the approach to, for example:
• Customer request reporting and monitoring from initial request through demand management and for approved concepts to program/project delivery
• Assessing and improving the health of programs/projects
• Assessing and improving the effectiveness of portfolio management and demand management processes
• Solutions Delivery function FY Plan and Outlook principles, processes, roles/responsibilities etc
• Tool requirements for delivering project/financial reporting and monitoring
• Provide executive visibility to project, program, portfolio and functional level status, issues, risks, costs, etc.
• Provide information to ATTG PMO so demand, financials, service and project delivery can be aggregated to the enterprise level
• Produce integrated life cycle dashboard reports at the function, portfolio and sub-portfolio levels to show for example demand requests, budget v actual v projected spend, program/project delivery
• Monitor people process and technology within the Solutions Delivery function.
• Identify and deliver actions to improve the quality of Solutions Delivery based on monitoring and reporting activities and management information
• Work with Solutions Delivery teams to manage the functional and portfolio pipeline
• Work with Solutions Delivery teams to drive data accuracy
• Financial management
• Oversee FY Plan and Outlook activities
• Monitor and report on actual and projected spend to ensure function operates within FY Plan/Outlook – function, portfolio and program/project levels.
• Monitor and report on program/project financials to ensure project managers are managing financials in accordance with sound financial principles and recommend corrective actions
• PMO/PPM Processes
• Drive the implementation and embedding of process, methods and best practice into Solutions Delivery activities for the function, including project management, financial management, resource management, business requirement gathering etc.
• Drive improvements in consistency, effectiveness and efficiency of Solutions Delivery processes and tools
• Drive best practice through the champion networks and knowledge coordination
• Project Management
• Drive end-to-end Project and Program delivery with high quality standards
• Conduct program/project health checks to help assure program/project delivery including for example artifact, gate reviews, and monitoring for delivery to scope, time and cost
• Work with the global resource and vendor management teams on staff requirements and reporting.
• Work with the Solutions Delivery teams to prioritize customer demand, both within a portfolio and across the function.
• Experience with agile project management methodologies:
• Leading and coaching teams in Scrum adoption (not all are using Scrum - some SAFE and some other varieties).
• Plans Scrum implementations within the organization.
• Facilitates Scrum events as requested or needed such as: Quarterly Planning, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Demos and Sprint Retrospectives.
• Facilitate daily Scrum activities and metrics such as: Stand-Ups, updates to burn-down spreadsheets and charts, velocity and backlog reviews.
• Remove roadblocks reported by the team, which could require cross-team collaboration and or escalation, possibly up to executive leadership.
• Communicate and work directly with the Product Owner to consistently maintain the product backlog and handle changes both to the product backlog, executing sprint and prioritizing the backlog to generate higher business value.
• Business Analysis
• Foster S.M.A.R.T (Specific, Measureable, Achievable, Realistic, Time Bound ) Business Requirement Gathering
• Oversee Busienss Analysis Services to ensure the Solutions Delivery team is focused on delivering results according to business requirements
• Provide oversight to people processes including LEAD, functional alignment, etc.
• Along with People Team, maintain role standardization ensuring alignment with competency programs and career development programs
• Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring more junior members of the PMO team
• Improve communications, content and transparency of information with key customers
• Work with function and Solutions Delivery leaders to implement ongoing communication method to entire team
• Monitor program/project baselines to ensure activities are occurring as planned - scope, budget and schedule
• Proactively identify risks and issues on programs/projects – advising team on the development of risk management and issue management plans
• Identify potential points of contention for missed deliverables
• Develop and manage plans to address program/project strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
• Ability to balance both the "science" of how to perform program/project management and the "art" of program/project management, which is learned through experience and skill training/application
• Analysis of program/project data to produce management information and identify and deliver continual improvement
• Technical skills requirements
o Seasoned grasp of IT project management methodologies (Waterfall, Spiral, Iterative and Incremental, Agile etc.)
o End to end understanding of IT Project life cycle (pipeline, resource, demand, project delivery, financial)
o Solid experience as a Team Lead on large scale complex IT Programs
o Proven experience with IT Process Improvements
o Proven track record of end-to-end IT Project/Program.Portfolio Management
o Extensive experience Managing Technical IT Project and Programs in active collaboration with Development, QA and Architect Teams
o Excellent technical understanding of IT infrastructure, enterprise level multi-tier, highly available and scalable platforms , service oriented architecture etc.
o Solid grasp of Business Requirement gathering methodologies for agile and waterfall project SDLC using several techniques such as Business Stakeholder interviews, Questionnaires, Prototyping and Document Analysis etc.
• Additional skills requirements
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills with executive presence. Must be able to explain technical information in a manner which is understood my non-technical clients.
o Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
o Customer orientation and responsiveness
o Ability to deal efficiently with escalations and difficult situations/people under pressure
o Outstanding self management , influence management , information presentation and interpersonal, communication
o Experience working in a global geo-dispersed IT environment
• Reports to Portfolio Management Office Leader
• Supervise one or more Project Managers, Business Analysts
• Works as required to improve:
o Selection and performance management of staff members
o Evaluate, counsel, mentor and provide feedback on performance
o Ensure training and development of staff members
o Support staff members directly or indirectly in their roles
• Meets regularly with staff to provide direction and serves as an escalation point for issues
• 10 + years IT experience, including demonstrated project management and financial management experience
• 3 + years experience of Team Lead , Staff Management or Superviosory Role
A relevant program management qualification (e.g., PRINCE2, PMP)
• PMP (required)
• PfMP (desired)
• PgMP (desired)
• Scrum Master Certification, PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner, and/or SAFe Practitioner