EY Regulatory Senior Consultants (f/m) in Luxembourg
Regulatory Senior Consultants (f/m)
Requisition # LUX0016V
Post Date Jun 27, 2018
EY is a global professional services organization providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service.
At EY we support you in achieving your unique potential — both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world’s most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It’s how you make a difference.
In order to support the growth of our Financial Services Advisory Department, we are currently looking to recruit:
Regulatory Senior Consultants (f/m)
Our consultants have a practical approach to regulation and provide our clients with assistance in the transition to new regulatory environments. We analyze the impacts of regulations, help to adapt their business and transform their operations, educate their staff and help to optimize compliance in a way that enables to seize opportunities while managing risks. To cope with the growing demand from our clients to support them in complying with upcoming regulations, we are seeking experienced professionals to strengthen our existing team, with experience of all aspects related to the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive and Regulation (MiFID II / MiFIR) within the banking industry in Luxembourg.
• Participate in the delivery of impact assessment and gap analysis engagements on MiFID II, primarily but not exclusively, in banking and private banking;
• Manage MiFID II projects that involve adapting Banks’ business and operating models, control and compliance frameworks;
• Participate in the delivery of workshops and trainings on MiFID II;
• Contribute to our growth and support our business development activities (sales initiatives, conferences, articles, etc.);
• Support the management of our MiFID practice (regulatory watch, coaching of team members, internal trainings, etc.);
• When required, bring competences on other regulatory areas (e.g. EMIR, PRIIPS, MAD/MAR).
• You hold a Master’s degree or equivalent certification in Business Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or Law;
• You have at least 3-4 years of relevant work experience in the financial industry in a Big 4 firm, in an international consulting or law firm or in a comparable role in a financial services organization (compliance or project areas) where you have been exposed to MiFID on an regular basis;
• You have a sound knowledge of the applicable regulatory framework and its impacts to the banking industry in Luxembourg, primarily MiFID, other regulations being considered as an asset (e.g. EMIR, PRIIPS, MAD/MAR);
• You have strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships with clients and team;
• You demonstrate excellent writing, communication and presentation skills;
• You are fluent in English. French and or German would be preferable with any language being an advantage.
We offer you:
• A fun, friendly, flexible yet challenging work environment;
• Both advantages of working in a human-sized team within a large international company;
• On-going training (on-the-job training, EMEIA FSO Advisory learning and development curriculum);
• An attractive salary and benefits package;
• A quick onward career progression while working with a broad range of clients.