EY Shared Business Platform Engineer in Argentina
Shared Business Platform Engineer
Core Business Services
Requisition # ARG001DG
Post Date Apr 16, 2018
Reporting directly to the Platform Engineer Lead, the Shared Business Platform Engineer is responsible for participating in scrum team based activities that are assigned to Engineering group.
The role is responsible for providing subject matter expertise in relation to virtualization & cloud technologies, engineering of new solutions that enhance our existing offerings and building of new automation around IaaS, PaaS, and Network-as-a-service in support of our clients.
The position is a hands-on technical role, assisting in the engineering and integration of existing and leading edge technologies, collaborating across the organization with multiple internal and sometimes external teams. The candidate would be expected to provide Level 3 (engineering support) and Level 4 (engineering development) type of activities that ensure continuity of the produced solutions that enable businesses.
What are you going to do?
· Broad range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine, in variety of environments
· Interactions with various levels if IT and client serving teams.
· Ability to drive issues to closure and work well within a deadline-driven environment
· A good level of managerial competence
· Excellent people skills
· Excellent awareness of different cultures and working practices across the regions
· Good presentation skills with ability to present material clearly and concisely to senior and/or executive management
· Broad understanding of global environments, including regional issues and differences.
· Demonstrated experience working with a distributed international team, across cultures and time zones with minimal supervision
· Strong ability to interact with all levels of the organization
· Taking ownership of assigned issues/enhancements/features and helping to define a plan and related coordination activities to provide an endtoend solution.
· Proactively anticipates problems before they occur; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution.
· Proactively raising issues to Engineering Lead.
· Produce documents which contain clear, precise descriptive language
· Providing 3rd/4th level support for all solutions produced by the team.
· Applies judgment in implementing methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include product design engineering, information security, code maintainability and reliability.
· Provide required training and support to other peer teams for newly designed and developed functionality.
· Utilize approved tools, adopt key performance indicators (KPIs), increase technology component reuse, and consolidate platforms, environments and products with the goal of reducing overall IT costs.
· Proven solution design skillsBeing able to script and automate a solution end-to-end (infrastructure, middleware and application layers).
· Must demonstrate leadership in a dynamic, fastpaced environment with shifting priorities and tight deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills and negotiation skills.
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
· Ability to work independently in a global organization within the context of a virtual team.
Experience in selecting and applying service management principles, policies and techniques in client operational environments.
Customer focused with ability to identify and understand customer's needs.
Able to adapt to change at short notice.
Creative problem solving and analysis skills with an ability to identify develop and implement solutions to gaps to meet the needs of the business.
A self-starting individual with a strong work ethic capable of planning and managing own time effectively. Ability to perform under pressure and to work using own initiative as well as part of a team.
Assertive in potentially difficult situations, engaging diplomacy where necessary.
What do we need from you?
· Excellent verbal and written (including presentation) communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
· Able to build relationships and network at all levels.
· Able to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy.
· Able to think laterally to consider options which will optimize the requirements of the business.
· Takes personal responsibility for making things happen and achieving results. Displays motivation, commitment, perseverance and conscientiousness
· Fluent English skills in speech and writing.
· Communicative personality.
· Excellent documentation skills.
· Self-supporting and independent attitude.
· Be comfortable with ambiguity and work to reduce this ambiguity wherever possible within all work output
· Experience of working in large brown and green field programs.
· Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects.
· Establishes functional objectives and delegates assignments.
· Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and team members.
· Due to our global organization and global operating model there may be cross border reporting lines (no direct team lead within the country).
· This position may have direct reports in different locations.
· Your manager may be based in another country.
· Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
· Experience of IT service business and engineering of multi-year managed services
· At least 2 years of experience as working in a Devops position
· From 10 years plus of demonstrable enterprise level IT delivery experience
· Cloud (3-5 years) in an engineering role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms. Experience in engineer technical solutions for Microsoft-centric solutions based on industry standards using Azure or other cloud providers IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities. Nice to have Experience with any of the following: O365, Azure, Azure Stack, Azure AD
· Scripting (3-5 years) – having knowledge and experience with Microsoft PowerShell (required) and Linux shell scripting (preferred). Being able to understand and use best practices of completing tasks and finding solutions using existing or building new scripts to help automate today’s manual infrastructure and application tasks.
· Configuration Management (2-3 years) – being able to develop recipes for new solutions to deploy consistent systems, enforce configurations and settings through configuration management systems like PowerShell DSC, Chef or Puppet.
· Web Services, API, REST (1-2 years) – Understanding and having experience with leveraging web services (SOAP), different API endpoints including the usage of REST based APIs to be able to be able to build loosely coupled architectures and solutions that are quick to implement and are easy to monitor.
· Networking (1-3 years) - Have a solid understanding of networking capabilities, including load balancers, web application firewalls, network access control lists (NACLs), security groups, routing, tracing, DNS resolution are key to building efficient and stable solutions that prevent business downtime and provide high availability capabilities.
· Documentation (2-3 years) - Being able to create technical documents that provide insight into the design and implementation of a solution provides teams with the ability to effectively communicate their needs and requirements across the organization. The candidate has to be able to produce clear and concise architecture and design documentation that can assist his team and other peer groups in understanding of the built solutions. The candidate must also be able to communicate complex technical issues with sensitivity to diverse audiences and people with different level of technical understanding that range from entry level support teams, management, and technical engineering resources.
· Operational Support awareness (2-3 years) – A good understanding of what it takes to support the deployed applications and solutions is key to providing great service to the end users. The candidate has to be able to put themselves into a position of understanding of their consumer pain points to be able to figure out creative ways not only to find quick workarounds but also analyze the root cause of the problem and come up with ideas of resolving them in the long term.
· Source code management (1-3 years) – Familiarity with source control tools such as Git, Team Foundation Server (TFVC), and SVN are a big part of automation and compliance. Understanding how these tools are and could be used is key to not only provide the proper change control management to new versions of products that are being developed, but also to help provide consistency in deploying those products/solutions throughout environments using automation.
· Industry Cloud related certifications
· Leading SAFe Certified
· SAFe for Teams Certified
Shift : Monday to Friday 9-6PM
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.