EY Senior Network Engineer in Argentina
Senior Network Engineer
Core Business Services
Requisition # ARG002YW
Post Date Mar 25, 2020
Highly skilled tasks [including project management] within thePerimeter Security Service Engineering team, part of the Network Services group, you will be working in a team responsible for the design, engineering, implementation, documentation and service management of perimeter security services inside Ernst & Young environments. These services will be handed over to Perimeter Service Transition and operations teams once all relevant documentation is provided. Additionally you will provide consulting services to other teams, as well as acting as a level four escalation for the Operations teams for complex issues.
What are you going to do?
· Create designs based on industry best practices, sound solid engineering principles incorporating both local and global requirements while clearly understanding that one size does not fit all.
· Provide high-level specialized technical support and consultation to business and IT management.
· Collaborate with appropriate teams to create and gain approval on global technology standards and reference architectures on an ongoing basis.
· Develop and maintain documentation for configuration guidelines and templates.
· Research and keep abreast of industry trends and new technology offerings by maintaining engineering relationships with strategic vendors to ensure our technology landscape, reference architectures, designs and configuration standards stays current.
· Drive and complete technical deliverables and documentation on assigned projects.
· Build technology solutions following all relevant EY standards and practices.
· Provide technical knowledge as input into Standards creation and update on an ongoing basis as products and technologies evolve.
· Working with the Perimeter Service Transition and operations teams to ensure a smooth transition of new solutions into the production environment.
What do we need from you?
· Team player with the ability to work independently
· Exhibits Global Diversity Awareness
· Must be able to effectively interact with other IT Services professionals regardless of location.
· Client/Team Relationships
· Service delivery staff (Project Managers)
· Information Security groups
· Global Network Domain teams
· Operations teams and staff
· Strategy & Architecture Team
· External vendors and suppliers
· Strong and in depth analytical and problem-solving skills
· Able to make technical decisions in support of Architecture, Strategy, Service Management and Operations functions within the project and escalated troubleshooting contexts
· Strong organizational skills, self-motivated and able to work to tight deadlines
· Strong work ethic with the ability to work without direct supervision on a daily basis.
· Ability to provide Technical leadership in the team, and mentor other members as necessary.
· Advanced skills in planning, designing and troubleshooting complex security environments
· Extensive experience in designing and implementing perimeter security solutions including:
· Check Point firewall environments – including GAIA [appliance and Open Server based], vSEC and Provider-1
· Secure Web Gateway solutions from Blue Coat, including Malware detection, SSL interception and URL filtering
· Web services workload protection techniques such as micro-segmentation, perimeter protection NVAs - including WAF, SSL Interception and network visibility/threat protection.
· Cisco routing and switching technologies – including converged.
· SonicWALL or similar remote access technologies
· Good Working knowledge of
· Wireless LAN security concepts, including wireless Guest Access solutions.
· DNS, DHCP and Active Directory environments.
· LAN/WAN networking technologies and how they interact with technical security infrastructure.
· Modern automation tools such as; Puppet, Ansible, and scripting languages (Python, Perl, TCL, Shell) with focus on networking. (Python experience is a plus)
· Knowledge of DevOps fundamentals including automation frameworks
· Cloud technologies, practices and methods
· Desire to learn and adapt new skills, especially cloud and SD-WAN technologies, to enhance and simplify Perimeter security within EY
· Strong ability to document processes, procedures and security designs clearly and accurately for distribution to internal teams and customers.
· Substantial, extensive and demonstrated experience in various aspects of technology infrastructure design and implementation, with tangible, relevant and demonstrated experience in delivering projects within scope and budget.
· Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment.
· Demonstrated experience in dealing with external vendors and suppliers in the network industry.
· Demonstrated skills in developing actionable roadmaps and implementing these efficiently,
· An overall understanding of the business objectives of Service Lines and Core Business Services departments.
· IT service delivery, direct business engagement, and multiple technology domains
· Work with the ITIL methodology in the area of process engineering
· Exposure to network troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump etc. and the ability to interpret their output.
· Demonstrated experience in dealing with external vendors and suppliers in the security industry
· No direct supervision responsibilities although expectation of technical leadership within the projects assigned.
· Mentoring and guidance to more junior team members.
· Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change
· Ability to deal efficiently with escalations and difficult situations/people under pressure
· High level of interpersonal, communication, organizational and decision-making skills
· Ability to effectively and energetically present technology and business propositions to customers, peers, and management
· Ability to understand and integrate cultural differences and motives and to work in virtual cross-cultural, cross-border teams
· English language skills - excellent written and verbal communication
· Due to the global team/organization calls and meetings out of regular office hours will occur
· Travel may be required to guide implementations or meet with vendors and contractors supporting various projects
· Weekend or late night work may occur.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
· Extensive and demonstrable experience in various aspects of Security technology infrastructure design and implementation, with experience in delivering projects within scope and budget
· Minimum 5 years in an engineering function.
· Desirable: Security related Professional qualifications [CISSP, CISM, GIAC etc.], Check Point and Blue Coataccredited qualifications. ITIL Foundation
Shift : Monday to Friday 9-6PM
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
- EY Jobs