EY Microsoft NAV Consultant in Argentina
Microsoft NAV Consultant
Core Business Services
Requisition # ARG001JH
Post Date Jun 13, 2018
Resource will be part of the EY Technology Service Delivery Team specifically to support Tax Managed Services Engagements where MS Nav is being deployed.
The Tax IT Service Delivery team is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of programs/projects to develop and maintain global applications and systems.
The team is geographically dispersed and comprises of all disciplines required to deliver IT solutions for our customers, including project managers, business analysts, application engineers, quality assurance & testers and implementation managers. In addition the function works closely with the Technical Lead on the project.
In accordance with EY Solution delivery standards, Tax IT Service Delivery team makes use of the latest releases of technology from Microsoft amongst others and NAV Dynamics is a critical product offering for the firm. They are responsible for the delivery of programs that offer a chance to work on web applications that span the spectrum of devices from desktop to tablets to smart phones.
What are you going to do?
· Use knowledge of business processes to setup and configure a fully functional solution to satisfy the client’s needs
· Produce high quality application set up/configuration deliverables in accordance with the project timeline.
· Translate functional use requirements into configuration specifications, carry out the setup and assist the business teams during User Acceptance Testing
· Adhere to methodologies, standards and best practices for client configurations
· Provide feedback regarding application engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices when appropriate.
· Identify potential points of contention for missed activities and notify project leadership of situation and remediation plan.
· Minimize technical exposure and risk on projects.
· Produce system deliverables (i.e., Configuration specification and documentation of client configurations) on projects assigned.
· Provide training and assistance to end users in the key functional areas of NAV and setup thereof
· Identify new non-standard NAV requirements and work closely with other teams to communicate and document these
· Maintain effective and consistent communication within the team, with peers, the leadership team and the peers in the Managed Service team and corresponding IT Project team.
· Proactively raise issues to Project Leads when necessary.
· Provide support and documentation to assist in sustaining the project during the transition to production as necessary.
· Prepare documentation for operations.
· Proactively anticipates project issues before they occur; defines the problem; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution.
· Applies judgment in implementing Application Engineering methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include product design engineering, information security, code maintainability and reliability.
· Sound analytical skills and problem solving skills needed to manage multiple technical challenges simultaneously per each project assigned when needed.
· Solid interpersonal communication and team skills required to operate as a contributing member of global technical teams that deliver quality services.
· Strong skills in the functional side of NAV understanding the impact a configuration has on the resulting client solution and level of reporting possible
· Good technical knowledge of NAV including system set up, data migration and development
· Possesses an understanding of IT Services: service offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business strategies as well as organizational structure.
· Ensure that the latest functional features of NAV are fully utilized whenever possible in order to achieve the best implementation for the given client
· Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on service offerings and products provided by IT.
What do we need from you?
· Good level of communication skill in English is mandatory.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and/or equivalent work experience.
· At least 5 years of relevant hands on work experience developing, integrating and delivering enterprise-wide applications using Microsoft Dynamics NAV
· It is essential to have worked in at least one global rollout, i.e. projects involving multiple countries
· Good knowledge of business processes and strong analytical skills to turn requirements into proposed configuration of NAV
· Must have worked with NAV 2013 or later versions, preferably NAV 2017
· Experience from NAV Set-up, configuration, migration, UAT and transition essential with extensive knowledge of RapidStart Services in NAV
· Strong knowledge of bookkeeping and finance function set up and operation required, hereunder company consolidation
· Must have detailed knowledge of receivables and payables in NAV, including production of VAT statements and bank reconciliation
· Experience with OCR solutions, particular Lexmark as part of a NAV implementation, would be an added bonus
· Any previous experience with BI solutions and development of reports/dashboard is an advantage. This could include Jet Reports.
· Good knowledge of PowerShell is required, particularly the NAV-related commandlets
· 2-3 years’ experience of working with SQL Server from a basic administration point of view (SQL Server 2008R2 and newer).
· Knowledge of Azure is an added benefit, but not a requirement
· Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships.
· Demonstrated expertise in application design and construction, work breakdown structure of items, design and code reviews, unit test and build activities, deployment and performance related activities, documentation, support and training/mentoring.
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
· Ability to work within diverse, global, virtual teams.
· Proven ability to thrive under pressure.
Shift : Monday to Friday 9-6PM
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.