Lockheed Martin VR/AR/Immersive Technology Developer - Software Engineer Staff in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Description: The selected Software Engineer Staff candidate will work as part of a multi-contractor team developing a Virtual Maintenance training capability for application in an Electronic Classroom. This capability will be developed using state of the art technology, instructional systems design (ISD) framework and accepted engineering, development and lifecycle practices (such as the V Model, Agile development and Systems Engineering Technical Review (SETR) process). The task at hand initially focuses on meeting the requirements of the Aegis Weapons System (AWS) for Virtual Maintenance Task Training. The capability will be developed utilizing modeling and simulation techniques, virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and a gaming engine framework to provide the student the ability to gain experience performing troubleshooting tasks related to the hardware, firmware, and software in a virtual environment without impacting actual equipment. This effort supports our DoD Navy customer NSWC Dahlgren Dam Neck Agency with the work location being our LM Facility in Virginia Beach, VA. The tasks to be performed include, but is not limited to support to project planning and coordination, development planning, analysis, design, implementation, integration, test and test support, documentation, and performance analysis. Additionally, knowledge of AWS or SSDS combat systems, architectures, communications, software, hardware, documentation and DoD Navy customer practices across the systems life cycle is beneficial. Specific activities to be performed consist of a wide range of system software development tasks including: requirements analysis, software analysis, design, code, production, capability builds, unit/component test, integration, integration test, generation of software trouble reports for observed problems, problem resolution, support to technical design and review meetings, and support to various levels of customer acceptance test activities. This position may require occasional short-term business travel.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
• Demonstrated experience in technical project leadership, project control and coordination, preparing and conducting presentations.
• Experience with interpreting and understanding software architectures, requirements, design, implementation, integration and test
• Experience in VR/AR/Immersive Technology development, integration, test and fielding
o 3-5 + years specific game or game engine development experience with a firm understanding of a gaming engine such as Unity and Unreal.
o Game programming experience and knowledge of good object-oriented software engineering practices
o C# programming experience (especially with Unity)
o The Agile development processes
• DOD 8570 IAT II Certifications/Mandated Requirements:
o Secret security clearance
o Security+ Certification within two months after hire.
o Ability to obtain a Linux+ or equivalent operating system certification via approved online training and test completion
• A positive, can do attitude to get things done in an Agile development environment, with a natural curiosity in VR/AR/Immersive Technology and desire to work in the DoD environment
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-contractor, collaborative environment with frequently changing priorities.
• Experience collaborating with other developers, ability to collaborate and communicate across disciplines, version control, bug tracking
• Knowledge of M&S, VR, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence disciplines
• Background with USN Combat Systems (AWS, SSDS, Weapons Systems, etc.)
• Experience in the ADDIE and PADDIE-M instructional design process
• Knowledge of Navy maintenance training process, procedure, etc.
• Experience and/or certifications related to Information Assurance (IA) standards, procedures, and policies.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs