Lockheed Martin Mid Career level: VR/AR/Immersive Technology Developer - Graphics in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Description: The selected Graphics Design Sr candidate will work as part of a multi-contractor team developing a Virtual Maintenance training capability for application in an Electronic Classroom. This capability will be developed using state of the art technology, instructional systems design (ISD) framework and accepted engineering, development and lifecycle practices (such as the V Model, Agile development and Systems Engineering Technical Review (SETR) process). The task at hand initially focuses on meeting the requirements of the Aegis Weapons System (AWS) for Virtual Maintenance Task Training. The capability will be developed utilizing modeling and simulation techniques, virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and a gaming engine framework to provide the student the ability to gain experience performing troubleshooting tasks related to the hardware, firmware, and software in a virtual environment without impacting actual equipment. This effort supports our DoD Navy customer NSWC Dahlgren Dam Neck Agency with the work location being our LM Facility in Virginia Beach, VA. The tasks to be performed include but is not limited to providing 3D Modeler and graphics artist expertise in support of the planning, analysis, design, implementation, integration, test and test support, documentation, and performance analysis to achieve virtual trainer goals. Additionally, knowledge of AWS or SSDS combat systems and DoD Navy customer practices across the systems life cycle is beneficial. Specific activities to be performed consist of a wide range of graphics designer and modeler tasks including: graphics requirements analysis, design, production and maintenance of 3D models, virtual characters, environments and images, support to system integration, integration test, problem resolution, support to technical design and review meetings as required, and graphics support to various levels of customer acceptance test activities. This position may require occasional short-term business travel.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
• Experience with interpreting and understanding requirements specifications and raw data to design graphical representations for a virtual training environment and supporting implementation, integration and test
• Graphics development experience applicable to VR/AR/Immersive Technology development, integration and test such as:
o 2 + years graphics development and modeling for game or game engine applications
o Experience using graphics design programs to create 2D/3D graphics and user interfaces
o Demonstrated experience in following design guides, directed conventions and technical constraints of a team environment
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-contractor, collaborative environment with frequently changing priorities.
• A positive, can do attitude to get things done in an aggressive development environment, with a natural curiosity in graphics technology in VR/AR/Immersive environments and desire to work in the DoD environment
• Experience collaborating with other developers, ability to collaborate and communicate across disciplines, version control, bug tracking
• Experience with development tools and environments such as Integrate Development Environments (IDEs) i.e. Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator, Blender, etc.
• Experience integrating graphics designs into gaming engines such as Unity and Unreal.
• Background with USN Combat Systems (AWS, SSDS, Weapons Systems, etc.), knowledge of Navy maintenance training process, procedure, etc.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs