Lockheed Martin LCS Ship Repair Designer in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Description: The Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) In-Service Ship Design (ISSD) Ship Repair Designer will be a subject matter expert (SME) in a major ship building discipline such as piping/mechanical, hull/structure, or electrical. They will provide drafting support for the marine engineering and design work in support the management of maintenance and modernization of the LCS Class. This work will include creating and maintaining AutoCAD drawings to support design specifications and documentation requirements of ship maintenance, modernization, and repair. The Draftsman will be expected to participate in planning projects and translate the engineer’s direction into electronic drawings and coordinate with all stakeholders affected by the design. Travel will be required to a ship’s location for planning and execution support (estimated 15 – 30%). This person shall support the ISSD organization in the following manner:
1. Create and modify AutoCAD drawings;
2. Assist in updating and maintaining released documents;
3. Perform required product updates;
4. Maintain accurate product documentation and work instructions
5. Provides technical support;
6. Manage database information;
7. Work alternate non-standard/overtime hours and on-call service as required.
8. Conducts ship-checks of designs and translate into design products.
9. Travel (15%-30%) and work in a shipyard/shipboard environment.
The ideal candidate is a designer with recent AutoCAD experience in the development of drawings for warship design and in the modification of existing designs to support maintenance and modernization. Experience with the FREEDOM Variant of the Littoral Combat ship is a plus.
1. Significant drafting experience with AutoCAD 2015 or newer
2. Ability to read, draft, modify and redline ship drawings.
3. Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
1. NAVSEA drawing familiarity.
2. Experience creating and modifying Ship Installation Drawings.
3. Shipyard experience in multiple trade disciplines.
4. Navy ship engineering and combat systems familiarity.
5. Associates/Bachelor’s degree in Drafting; or equivalent education and experience.
6. Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
7. Good oral and written communication skills.
8. Knowledge of LCS Program, the ship, its systems, and Post-Delivery programs.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs