EY Senior Manager & BC Market Leader - Climate Change & Sustainability Services (CCaSS) in Vancouver, British Columbia
Senior Manager & BC Market Leader - Climate Change & Sustainability Services (CCaSS)
Requisition # VAN000VO
Post Date Dec 14, 2018
When our clients are facing complex climate change issues, they look to us to find a solution. Whether new regulatory requirements, rising stakeholder concerns or opportunities for cost reduction and revenue generation, we provide the answers to the big questions nobody else can.
EY has a well-established Climate Change and Sustainability practice to respond to our client’s growing need of guidance in this area, including greenhouse gas emission verification, assurance over sustainability-related data, strategy, life-cycle analysis and strategy Our Climate Change and Sustainability Services (CCASS) team is growing exponentially, and as a Senior Manager you’ll play a key role in that growth. Working directly with our other Canadian Climate Change & Sustainability Services Market leaders, this individual will take a lead role in developing our CCaSS practice in BC and Canada. We are looking to expand our team of professionals focused on providing high value, independent, trusted advice to our clients as they transition to a more sustainable economy. Our clients include many of today's leading global companies, innovative growth companies and other Publicly Accountable Enterprises. Working across all industries, you’ll develop your career by communicating creative, strategic goals both internally and externally. It’s all about listening to and understanding our clients to give them a truly exceptional experience in a field where there really are no off-the-shelf recommendations.
Our Climate Change and Sustainability Services include sustainability strategy advisory services, sustainability strategy gap analysis, conflict minerals advisory and assurance services, life cycle analysis, sustainability reporting advisory and assurance services and greenhouse gas reporting assurance services (the CCaSS Services).
Your key responsibilities
As climate change and sustainability rise on the agendas of governments and organizations around the world, business leaders are increasingly seeking external advice on how to address these key issues. As one of our climate change and sustainability professionals, you'll work as part of a multidisciplinary, global team that provides recommendations on how to manage these areas effectively and responsibly. This will include helping clients understand business or regulatory threats and opportunities, exploring and executing commercial transactions, monitoring performance and assuring public disclosures on progress. Through these services, you'll help clients balance risks, take advantage of opportunities and achieve their potential in a transformed world. In return for helping us deliver these services, you'll receive the support and opportunities you need to succeed professionally and personally.
Skills and attributes for success
• Lead a team of sustainability professionals to further develop our BC portfolio of CCaSS services with an emphasis on strategy advisory services.
• Lead the growth and development of the CCaSS practice by taking operational responsibility and accountability for engagement team support and delivery and by monitoring the overall performance metrics for the practice.
• Lead the delivery of our services as we assist clients in their efforts to identify, measure, and appropriately manage their business and reporting risks as they transition their organizations to respond to changing government environmental regulations and new trends in sustainability management and reporting.
• Represent the local practice on our national market leader team and support the rapid, profitable growth of our CCaSS practice.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key business decision makers externally and communicate trends, developments, and key performance drivers relevant to our clients and our related services offerings.
• Support client relationships, business development, and account management leadership through the development of thought leadership, client and internal collateral, and training.
• Conduct performance reviews, serve as a positive leader and mentor, and contribute to performance feedback/training.
• Develop people by encouraging individuals to take responsibility for their contributions to the team.
• Foster teamwork and lead by example.
• Achieve growth by understanding EY and its service lines and actively assessing/presenting ways to apply knowledge and services.
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of related work experience; or a master's degree and at least 7 years of related work experience
• A degree in sustainability, environmental science, engineering, accounting, and/or related academic major
• At least 5 years of team leadership experience related to the CCaSS services for a public accounting firm or a consulting practice; consideration will also be given to candidates who have equivalent business/industry experience in a leadership capacity.
• Experience with environmental footprinting, lifecycle analysis, sustainable supply chain planning, climate change adaptation and/or carbon markets would be an asset
• Accreditation and/or training in the following areas: Global Reporting Initiatives (GRI), AA1000, ISO 14064, or other relevant applications
• A professional presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise with the C-Suite and sustainability officers at clients as well as EY leadership
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Strong project management and personnel management skills
• Ability to analyze complex or unusual issues in the context of client engagements and deliver insightful and pragmatic solutions
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Extensive experience working and leading in a team-based environment
• Ability to take a pragmatic approach to issues that underpin client relationships, while demonstrating and living EY's values
What we look for
We’re interested in versatile people with the ability to take on new responsibilities and listen to clients to get things done. We’re not just looking for environmental experience — we’re after genuinely interesting people with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and think in unique and creative news ways. If you’re a confident leader with a curious mind and the ability to solve complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.