EY Manager – Project Controller in Vancouver, British Columbia
Manager – Project Controller
Requisition # VAN000VD
Post Date Sep 04, 2018
We currently have a career opportunities for a Manager – Project Controller to join our Infrastructure Advisory Group. This is a domain within the Advisory services practice, which specializes in advising clients on performance improvement throughout the capital projects lifecycle, as well as working with our clients in Program Management, designing and implementing PMO’s and independent oversight of project performance . Our offerings in this area include assisting in claims and dispute resolutions, subject matter expertise for internal audit support, assessment of project management processes and controls, design and implementation of PMO’s, Program Management of major projects and supporting in project functions including planning/scheduling, cost management, risk management and project controls etc. You're typical clients include companies in the Utilities, Oil & Gas, Construction, IT implementation, and Mining industries.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager, you'll do budgeting and financial analysis including: developing Project Cost/Schedule Baselines and budgets, monitoring project actuals, developing project financial forecasts, analyzing project reports and communicating project statuses and findings to the Engagement Leads. Successful candidates must be available to travel as needed within and outside of the Canada and work in excess of standard hours when necessary.
• Supervise staff employees and review their work products
• Earned value calculations and analysis for projects
• Monitoring billing and payment statuses
• Tracking contractual obligations and deliverables
Skills and attributes for success
• Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
• Understand E&Y's service lines and actively assess/present ways they can serve and bring value to clients
• Strong research, analytical, and business writing skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong proficiency with Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio, and Lotus Notes / Outlook
• Demonstrated integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
To qualify for the role you must have
• An MBA or bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or a related field would be considered a strong asset
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a Project Controls position managing and maintaining Project baselines
• Experienced in Earned Value Management (EVM) and reporting
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Consulting or industry experience would be a strong asset
• Strong proficiency with data mining softwares (e.g. ACL) would be preferred
What we look for
We’re interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.