Lockheed Martin Packaging Engineer / Troy, AL in Troy, Alabama
Description: This position is for the Missiles and Fire Control facility in Troy, Alabama. The candidate will be the central point of contact for all materials packaging activity for Troy programs. Details of the position involve all packaging and shipping activity, including (but not limited to) inspection, procedures, documentation, compliance to regulations (including BATFE), evaluation of 49 CFR HAZMAT Transportation requirements, compliance to in-house procedures, as well as DoD.4145 packaging and shipping requirements. The ideal candidate must be able to work on-call and varied shifts on occasion and may be required to travel infrequently.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Troy, Alabama is in the East Gulf Coastal Plains region of southeastern Alabama. Troy's climate is typical of areas along the Gulf of Mexico in that it has hot, humid summers and mild winters. Troy is a great place to live offering lots of things to do and has a small-town charm. Troy is also a college town and is home to Troy University. Where can you get to from Troy? Our facility in Troy is just under an hour south of Montgomery, Alabama. Troy is about 2.5 hours north of the Gulf of Mexico and Fort Walton Beach and Florida's Pan Handle. Troy is about three hours from Atlanta, GA.
Desired Skills: • Bachelor of Science Degree in Packaging Engineering or other related Degree.
• Background working knowledge of Package Engineering practices.
• Receiving / Shipping inspection background is a plus.
• SAP and SQS, WEB Based Shipper, MAC, APECSE, Government Bills of Lading, Hazardous Material Training 49CFR, IATA, and IMDG.
• Knowledge of DoD.4145.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Ability to train and become certified in all processes and procedures applicable to packaging and shipping.
• Understanding / ability to train and certify in 49 CFR HAZMAT transportation courses.
• Excellent communication skills, demonstrated skills in leading a work team and training a small group.
• Computer experience including MSOffice skills.
• Ability to read, understand, and develop written instruction from technical drawings and documents.
• Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance and must have at a minimum an Interim Secret security clearance prior to start.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.