EY Senior Consultant - Integration Architect in Toronto, Ontario
Senior Consultant - Integration Architect
Requisition # TOR0039Q
Post Date Jun 28, 2018
We are looking for a Senior Consultant in our IT Advisory Services group specializing in technical architecture & integration within the financial services industry. This position falls within our IT Advisory team, which helps our clients enhance the operating effectiveness of their core systems as they adopt newer technologies on their path of Digital transformations and undertake technology refresh initiatives.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Consultant, you will work directly with clients to transform their business challenges into technology solutions. Our experience is also important to the analysis of specific business requirements for alignment with technology architecture, technology infrastructure design, and vendor selection decisions that support the line of business IT organizations of our clients
Skills and attributes for success
• Analysis of functional and non-functional requirements, client’s overarching objectives and strategy.
• Development of solutions and frameworks to address the requirements and suit client’s short and long term needs
• Use tools and methodologies to create representations of system’s technical architecture design and implementation
• Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to implementation teams
• Definition and implementation of testing strategies using automated testing tools
• Support performance testing, by developing test models, analyzing test data and providing recommendations to address concerns
• Operate on multiple assignments simultaneously, supporting delivery and the practice
• Operate in multi-functional, multi-disciplinary teams
To qualify for the role you must have
• MSc/MA in computer science, engineering or relevant field
• 5+ years of solution architecture experience in financial industry
• xperience working with complex, distributed, cross-platform systems (UNX/Linux, Windows)
• Experience with architecture and design of high-volume, low-latency, real-time processing engines
• Excellent knowledge of SoA/ Micro-services/ API and integration patterns
• Experience with Message oriented Middleware (e.g. – RabbitMQ, Solace)
• Experience with applying cloud technologies (I/P/SaaS) in business as well as CI/CD solutions
• Familiarity with software development and coding in various languages (C#, .NET, Java, C++ etc.)
• Familiarity with TOGAF, ITIL, IT governance frameworks
• Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (Agile/Scrum) and Dev-Sec-Ops
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, people skills, and must be highly motivated
• A technical mindset with great attention to detail
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders with a strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the IT Advisory space. If you have a strong passion for helping businesses achieve their IT strategy, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.