Brown-Forman Premium Whiskey Education & Advocacy Leader in TBD, United States
Premium Whiskey Education & Advocacy Leader
Reports to: Portfolio Execution Director
Reports: Brown-Forman Ambassadors (JDTW, Herradura)
Partners With: Whiskey Brand Directors, GreenHouse Agency, Brand Integration Directors, Division Portfolio Managers, Distillery Managers, Event Planning
The Premium Whiskey Education and Advocacy Leader is responsible for establishing a consistent approach to trade advocacy and brand/portfolio education across the U.S. and Canada, with emphasis on Super-Premium American Whiskey.
● Partners with Portfolio Execution Director and other Whiskey Marketing/Brand Directors to develop advocacy strategy and lead our Ambassador team and related Agencies.
o Leads thinking on how, when, and where we deploy brand ambassadors
o Leads development of brand ambassador job description, socializing expectations across respective brand groups
o Identifies and develops plan for B-F participation in major whiskey events
o Develops execution guide for targeted whiskey events, and provides guardrails for local opportunities
o Develops appropriate metrics/measures that quantify success for the team
o Organizes use of home places and maximizes synergy across the portfolio
o Incorporates stronger connectivity to the overall brand building “business”
o Leads the development of creating multiple tiers of advocacy playbooks (Top Tier Influencers approach, Second Tier, etc)
● Leads development of brand ambassador team
o Leads and coordinates the training of B-F brand ambassadors
o Establishes communication network with brand ambassadors and key stakeholders that facilitates best practice sharing, understanding of competitive landscape, and continues to improve our overall advocacy efforts
o Plays an active role in hiring of B-F brand ambassadors, outlining the profile of a successful candidate for internal stakeholders
o Oversees a consistent review process of B-F brand ambassadors, ensuring benchmarks are achieved and development plans are in place
● Leads the implementation of the strategy across the region
o Facilitates B-F participation in major whiskey events, coordinating recaps to drive continual improvement
o Leads development of CRM program to maintain contact with event participants
o Represents B-F brands at high profile events
o Retools education programs based on changing needs and portfolio
o Manages the NAR Brand Education web site ensuring information is updated
o Provides input into the development and maintenance of our whiskey brand building modules
● Leads the implementation of B-F education programs: Whiskey Immersion, Distilled Academy, and Grain to Glass
o Coordinates the content of each program with respective brand marketing and production teams
o Establishes the schedule, coordinates participants, and communication before and after each event
o Builds database of participants for future communications
o Provides stakeholders recaps of each event
o Collaborates with distillery personnel to ensure coordination of key events
o Manages agencies in the development of educational assets
● 7 – 10 years relevant experience working in drinks, hospitality, or luxury goods environment
● Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with brand, sales, distributors and accounts and all internal stakeholders
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Analytical and strategic thinking
● Persuasive advocate with capacity to build consensus, drive action, and produce favorable results.
● Demonstrated knowledge of beverage alcohol business and three-tier distribution system
● Action-oriented: Responds in a timely and effective manner to business issues and opportunities.
● Highly organized: capable of meeting multiple deadlines and juggling multiple projects.
● American Whiskey expertise
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
Business Area: NAR Marketing
Country: United States
Req Type: Exempt