JPMorgan Chase Technology Controls - Risk Engineering in Tampa, Florida
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services: asset management, investment banking, private banking, treasury and securities services, and commercial banking. Our broad global platform and strength enable us to create long-lasting value for clients, offering solutions to clients in more than 100 countries. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years. With $19 trillion of assets under custody, $7.5 trillion in assets under administration and over $1.3 trillion in deposits, JP Morgan Chase (JPMC) provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. The establishment and maintenance of world-class internal controls is a key objective of JPMC and for the Corporate and Investment Banking division.
Technology Controls Engineer within the Cybersecurity &Technology Controls organization eam plays a key role to assess and uplift technology controls posture. Controls Engineer is responsible for developing thorough understanding of technology control requirements for various internal, external and global regulatory audits. Individual will perform in depth analysis and collaborate with firm wide technology infrastructure, application, and process subject matter experts to assess current state of control compliance. Individual will deliver timely, accurate, easy to understand and comprehensive control analysis, Logical Data Model and functional specification in support of evergreen systematic and data driven control compliance measurement. Individual will be responsible for collaborating with developers through agile SDLC methodology to ensure effective controls monitoring is implemented part of firm-wide Continues Controls Monitoring platform.
This role collaborates with the Technology Risk & Control teams dispersed globally to identify, assess, and manage the inherent risks within our technology solutions. This role requires strong collaboration with global team members to produce required deliverables. Successful execution of responsibilities requires the person to be self-driven, ability to collaborate with multiple teams, clear communication skills interacting across the CIB Cybersecurity & Technology Control teams.
Candidate must be technically savvy and able to perform data analytics (Relational and Big Data). Individual with strong programming background will get a preference
· Quickly develop understanding of technology risk and regulatory requirement and existing control landscape
· Review data availability, assess data quality within various systems identified part of control landscape analysis
· Perform thematic analysis to identify control gaps, design and recommend interim compensating control
· Create logical data models to normalize data to be ingested from multiple sources
· Create functional specification for evergreen systematic detection of control breaks at industrial scale in support of achieving control uplifts
· Provide leadership part of regular scrum calls; collaborate with developers through SDLC to ensure deliveries meet or exceed the specs
· Maintain control event calendar, track progress, and collaborate with various stakeholders to ensure anticipated target dates are met
· Identify, document, and communicate data integrity/quality issues and data capture gaps
· Become a subject matter expertise in data, risk and control domains / programs
· Maintain library of documents, templates, or other reusable knowledge assets
BA/BS required or similar experience
Demonstrated knowledge and development exposure to
Data storage platforms: SQL (Oracle / Teradata), Hadoop (including MapReduce), Spark, Hive, HBase and exposure to similar or more
ETL tools – one of following: Pentaho, Kafka or similar
Visualization tools - one of following: QlikView, Tableau
Minimum of 5 years Business Analysis experience
Proficient analytical / problem solving skills with a minimum of 3 year experience
Strong data analysis, management, and reporting capabilities
Technology security, risk, and audit experience preferred
Experience in visualization of data analytics and reporting.
Participate in programs within a diverse collaboration environment.
Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal form, in a manner that is clear, logical and concise, including, the ability to present information in differing degrees of detail and form depending on the audience.
Ability to establish good working relationships with team members, colleagues, and external organizations
Project management experience
Self-motivated and responsive with a capability to take initiative and work successfully both independently and within a team
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.