Lockheed Martin Software/Controls Engineer in Sunnyvale, California
Description: This position supports the Mechanical Manufacturing Center operations that includes Solar Arrays, Mechanisms, and Composites manufacturing centers in Sunnyvale, CA. Duties include providing software, networking, and automation support to various manufacturing platforms and production equipment. Analyze hardware, software, and system requirements to implement automated production processes. Develop software programming for welders and other manufacturing equipment. Develop customized software tooling to support various machining processes and equipment. Verify work by performing system checkout by self or with other engineers. Ensure correct programs are loaded into the machines for correct operations. Organize and backup manufacturing process data. Establish in-process quality inspection. Train or assist in training of operators on new processes and use of new equipment. Employ proper process control method, collect and analysis process data for management review. Perform work to ensure process-related equipment is properly maintained and that component and system calibration requirements are met. Perform equipment adjustment, troubleshooting, and repairs for the purpose of training operators, problem investigation, and engineering development. Develop software on a variety of platforms to solve manufacturing day to day issues and streamline standard processes. Will support and transition existing developed software from end of life to new supported platforms including use of updated coding practices. Implement new features based on user requests. Create and maintain production databases with proper database techniques and optimization.
Desired Skills: • Experience on integrated product teams.
• Experience with C#, VB.Net, PHP, XML, SQL, Lab View
• Experience using Visual Studio IDE
• Application development including Winforms UI, machine testing/control
• Understanding of Multithreading and multiple sensor communication
• Some understanding of C++ and ability to integrate unmanaged into managed (Microsoft CLR) code
• Experience with industrial robots (FANUC, Denso).
• Experience with Rockwell Studio Logix5000 for PLC programming.
• Ability to apply solutions in the following languages: .Net, PHP, SQL, MATLAB, LabVIEW, RSLogix, AJAX/JQuery, HTML/CSS
• Human Machine Interface software conception and creation
• Maintenance and modification of legacy software as well as creation/development of new software
• Web service development via PHP & SQL for server data management
• Team member in the design/build of testing consoles as well the software planner/developer.
• Assistance in machine/robotic automation, and development of applications/programs to realize automation
• Maintenance and modification of existing software per the requirements of the end user or process
Must be able to work independently and in a team atmosphere, and possess good organizational and communication skills. Must be capable of planning, prioritizing, and executing self-directed software development activities. Must be a self motivated person who will drive to project completion.
Strong understanding of and experience in using Object Oriented Programming, demonstrable in relevant language (C++, C#, VB.Net, Python, Java, etc).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.