Lockheed Martin HVAC and Plumbing Associate Manager in Sunnyvale, California
Description: What will the space industry look like in 50 years? Follow us to find out. We’re shaping the space technologies of tomorrow, today. As we further enhance and develop our competitive enterprise for capturing new opportunities and disrupting our competitors, Lockheed Martin Space works to provide the path forward in a dynamic environment and to stay ahead of environmental changes.
Virtually every Lockheed Martin Space mission success starts with a strong foundation of facility infrastructure design, which is built and operated risk free in support of business needs without interruption. As a Facilities Manager at Lockheed Martin Space, you’ll have the opportunity to use your education and experience to take on formidable challenges and become an integral part of our team as we build new, and maintain current, state of the art engineering facilities. At Lockheed Martin Space, you’ll use innovative approaches that help insure reliability of mechanical infrastructure that produces cutting edge space systems and analyzes trends while managing operational efficiencies.
In this Facilities Associate Manager role, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Oversee operations and maintenance care processes for infrastructure systems used within the approximately 5 million square feet of facility space in the Bay Area
• Actively participate in new facility project design reviews providing constructive comments and suggestions to Facilities Engineering
• Carry out project commissioning, functional check-outs, and ensures designs are maintainable employing commonality with lifecycle costs minimized
• Manage team budget, controlling costs, and managing organization work performance to established metrics
• Implement processes that increase reliability including implementation of Predictive Maintenance technology
• Manage Facility Project Acceptance program, so assets are incorporated into Preventive Maintenance program with the right level of care that provides best value while maintaining assets in a reliable ready state in accordance with RCM principles
• Oversee PM review and revision approval process
• Manage organization's Work Planning function balance to available resources
• Manage CMMS for PM and CM work flow, maintenance history records, and warranty tracking
• Support other Plant Operations managers with engineer assessments, field trouble shooting, energy management, and operational planning
• Ensure spares are maintained to maximize uptime while minimizing costs
• Determine organizational training requirements that enable staff to support organizational needs
• Oversee Material Management crib inventory control spares acquisition and property coordinator function for Facility Operations organization
• Maintain and keep current the Facility Condition Assessments survey data
• Support Capital Refurbishment planning process
• Serve as Plant Outage Planning central planner for HVAC/Plumbing for the Facilities organization with communication, documentation and execution
• Oversee Plant Operations and Services contract management service agreements and non-labor cost management
• Measure and managed PO&S contractor performance
Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin Space.
Desired Skills: • Active TS/SCI clearance
• Experience with application of Reliability Centered Maintenance principles, creating and managing vendor support service contracts.
• Knowledge of building and construction codes.
• Application of predictive Maintenance tools including vibration, ultrasonic and infrared analysis.
• Previous Experience using Maximo or equivalent
• Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
• Knowledge of construction/Design standards as related to Reliability/maintainability requirements.
• LM21 or Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certified desired.
• Minimum of 7 - 10 years of directly related team management work experience in a plant operations or manufacturing environment
• Experience leading a technical team and interfacing with trade personnel as well as facility engineering staff
• Experienced with, and demonstrated ability to follow, established standards, policy and procedures, including mechanical, controls, construction, safety, risk planning, security and for meeting program requirements
• Must have proficiency with Microsoft Windows products including: Power Point, Excel, and Microsoft Word
• Ability to write clear, concise, detailed descriptive reports
• Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate and engage teams
• Must be a United States citizen
• Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.