Lockheed Martin Communications Senior Manager in Sunnyvale, California
Description: We’re looking for a strategic, motivated PR pro to lead a focused team in telling needle-moving stories about Lockheed Martin Space. This position will create integrated PR and marketing campaigns to showcase the cutting edge innovation occurring across Lockheed Martin Space, and our role in helping to make the new space economy a reality.
You will lead a small, focused team to investigate and discover interesting and impactful stories from across the business, as well as driving thought leadership thematic campaigns consistent with our space narrative, including Software Defined Satellites, Artificial Intelligence, Advanced Manufacturing, and more. You will ferret out, develop and drive stories and campaigns to land before key audiences, including media, customers and employees. You will own an editorial calendar to ensure a steady drumbeat of thought leadership coverage that will positively impact our business.
This position will report to the VP Communications for Lockheed Martin Space, and will work in partnership with leaders across the business to create high-impact communications strategies and outcomes.
• Create and manage editorial calendar of stories to land throughout the year.
• Lead team of storytellers and visual communicators to find and develop content for use with multiple audiences including media, customers, employees and social media.
• Work with business leaders, marketing communications experts and graphic designers to create and deliver strategic communications campaigns for Lockheed Martin Space.
• Connect the dots with our executive, internal and program communications teams to ensure consistency in key thought leadership themes.
• Serve as media spokesperson for media engagement around big stories.
• Bachelors degree from an an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 15 years or more of professional experience. Viewed as the most senior authority in discipline.
• People management and leadership skills, excellent executive presence and experience working cross-boundary with senior leaders.
• Gifted storyteller with experience telling big, cross-domain stories outside of transactional news moments.
• Excellent writing and communications skills.
• Experience in media relations with trade, technology and national outlets
• Experience in marketing communications channels including social media, advertising and brand journalism.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs