Lockheed Martin Operation Finance Accounting in Stratford, Connecticut
• Investigate and analyze financial information related to numerous inventory accounting initiatives such as materials in the hands of suppliers, aged work orders, Excess & Obsolete analyses, inventory reserves, inventory gains/losses and cost of poor quality.
• Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations in support of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial closing processes.
• Support the accounting and controls actions of the Operations businesses located in CT, FL, AL, Poland, India, and Turkey.
• Support the Operations Controls Council meetings with financial leadership by providing the SAP driven reporting relating to production and supply management initiatives, as well as attend the monthly meetings.
• Develop an understanding and lead the Operations initiatives related to Group Pegging and Distribution (GPD) inventory processes
• Develop an understanding of Sikorsky cost accounting processes and the application to WIP inventory
• Support continued strengthening and monitoring of internal controls related to inventory reserves, inventory gains and losses and cost of poor quality.
• Maintain full compliance with documentation and testing phases of MMAS initiatives and for the Sarbanes-Oxley Production Cycle requirements.
• Generate various inventory, cost of poor quality reports and data files to support ad hoc requests. Support efforts to reduce cost of poor business quality.
• Support audits and provide on–site support to all Sikorsky entities for production & inventory related controls.
• Participate and support in continuous improvement efforts
Basic Qualifications Bachelors degree from an accredited college in Accounting/ Finance or related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8+ years of professional experience.
Desired skills Strong systems, SAP skills . Ideal candidate will possess strong/expert computer skills with heavy Excel proficiency
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Stratford Connecticut