Lockheed Martin Materials & Process Engineer in Stratford, Connecticut
Description: The Blade Product Center (BPC) Materials and Process Engineering team is seeking an experienced, highly motivated candidate to join our team. Responsibilities will include support of the day to day materials and process concerns which occur in a production environment as well as working short- and long-term projects. The candidate will provide direction and support to the engineering blade design team for new aircraft models as well as current production aircraft. Technical knowledge in composite manufacturing and adhesive bonding is required. The candidate will be a member of the integrated BPC team which includes Operations, Structures, Quality, ME, and Blade Engineering and will contribute to resolving and implementing changes as required to expedite production and maintain quality control.
The job will include an emphasis on the following:
1) Blade bond room support at the Stratford facility. Candidate will work with a senior engineer to resolve various technical issues on the shop floor and provide documentation in the form of a Material Engineering Report, specification change, or other means when applicable.
2) Review and approve original and revised engineering drawings.
3) Liaison support for surface preparation of blade details and assemblies for both metallic and composite substrates.
4) Review and approve component detail and assembly autoclave/stand alone fixture/oven cure cycles.
5) Support to the Blade Product Center raw material, part detail, and part assembly suppliers.
6) Manage projects, including the creation, execution, and budget.
7) Communicate shop floor resolutions and project updates with both the BPC Team and applicable program management.
B.S. in one of the following Engineering or Sciences disciplines:
Strong work ethic.
- Analytical skills including capability to perform data analysis toward root cause/corrective actions.
- Ability to interpret engineering specifications and drawing related to materials, processes, and associated product acceptance testing/inspection.
- Technical writing skills to document findings in materials engineering reports.
- Strong communication skills to support team-based work environment.
- Strong organizational skills, can be responsible for several components of a project or a complex component of a larger project.
- Some travel to support suppliers and customers will be required.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs