Northwell Health Physical Therapist in Staten Island, New York
Req Number 001TH9
Job Category Physical/Occupational Therapy
Evaluates and treats patients with disabilities, injuries, and/or diseases using physical, chemical and mechanical means in accordance with the written and signed prescription and/or referral of a state licensed physician or authorized practitioner. Maintains medical records for each patient.
Interprets and executes physical therapy orders.
Screens and assesses patients based on diagnosis and age to develop an individualized plan of care.
Discusses findings and collaborates with patients/family on the establishment of goals.
Implements creative treatment techniques based upon patient age, interest, education level, social history and cultural and spiritual needs.
Monitors patient response to treatment and changes plan, as needed.
Develops goals to support performance in the home and community environment.
Teaches specific techniques and procedures to patient, family and/or hospital personnel.
Monitors treatment environment for safety and housekeeping according to policy and procedures.
Considers psychosocial aspects of care.
Terminates services when maximum benefit is received and formulates follow up plan when indicated.
Provides in-service education to staff and other health care personnel; and clinical education to entry level and level II students.
Documents care and maintain records, as required.
Schedules and prioritized workload to meet productivity standards and deadlines.
Performs related duties as required.
• Occasional exertion in excess of 100 lbs. force; frequent exertion in excess of 50 lbs force; and consistent exertion in excess of 20 lbs. force.
• Consistent balancing, stooping, kneeling, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, and lifting performed in combination
• Consistent use of fine and gross motor bilateral hand dexterity.
• Bachelors Degree in Physical Therapy, required. Masters Degree or Clinical doctorate in Physical Therapy, preferred.
• Current New York State license or New York State limited permit.
• Minimum of one (1) year related experience in an acute rehabilitation setting with Bachelors Degree, required. No experience required with Masters Degree.