Lockheed Martin Contracts Negotiator in Shelton, Connecticut
Description: Support the Sikorsky CH-53K program with proposal development, contract negotiations, metrics, future contract planning, and administration. Develops and applies solutions to unusually complex problems which require the regular use of a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation. Solutions may serve as precedent for future decisions. Reviews and evaluates customer requests for proposal or revisions to contracts; provides risk assessments and offers alternative approaches to mitigate risks, including alternative contractual language; evaluates and coordinates proposals; investigates and reconciles significant contract changes involving cost, specifications, schedules, etc.
Maintains high standard of ethics. Understands and implements Lockheed Martin corporate and local policies and procedures. Candidate should be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision and has the ability to comprehend complex financial and business concepts and suggest viable alternatives during negotiation. Should be able to handle multiple assignments and achieve program goals and deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidate will be required to become familiar with the unique program requirements in minimal time.
Candidate should possess computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with ability to grasp other software applications required to perform job duties; have excellent written and oral communication skills; should be detail and teamwork oriented with excellent organizational and prioritization skills; and possess strong interpersonal skills. Develops and maintains good working relationships with customers, integrated program team members, and industry peers.
Requires some travel. Job may require additional duties that may or may not be outside specific area of expertise. The willingness that the successful candidate exhibits to work as a team and to meet challenges will be the key to success.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 10 years of professional experience
- Proposal Management/Capture Experience
- Candidate willing and able to engage on routine and unique problems/issues to help develop solutions
- Basic understanding of contract and finance principles
- Strategic planning: analyzes work, sets goals, develops plans of action, and utilizes time effectively
- Communication: utilizes effective verbal and written communication.
- Project management: effectively organizes, prioritizes and manages multiple assignments and priorities.
- Customer service: anticipates the needs of internal and/or external customers and offers solutions by demonstrating extra effort and maintaining a healthy attitude toward meeting customer needs.
- Judgment: draws on core values, knowledge, and personal experience to make educated decisions.
- Effectiveness under stress: demonstrates the ability to think, function and lead effectively under conditions of mental pressure.
- Force: demonstrates the ability to present and substantiate ideas in a respectful manner that may not agree with the opinion of others.
- Self-renewal: demonstrates a commitment to intellectual growth in ways beneficial to self, peers and the company.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.