CVS Health Quality Assurance - Advisor in Scottsdale, Arizona
This position exists to ensure the delivery of quality IT products. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, advising during requirements and design project phases. Developing and leading testing strategies. Performing complex work flow analysis and recommending quality improvements. Analyzing and suggesting improvements to current procedures. Proactively instructing others in product knowledge as a subject matter expert.
At least 9 years of Quality Assurance testing and/or demonstrated leadership in a technical environment. Additionally 3+ years experience leading technical aspects of a project effectively. Demonstrated experience successfully managing customer requirements or demands.
Mastery in multiple application area(s). Thorough understanding of software products or platforms/applications used by CVS Caremark, with advanced knowledge of two (2) or more products.
Provides leadership to internal and external testing resources to ensure delivery of quality products.
Advises during requirements and design phases to assist in developing business solutions.
Coordinates technical solution with business request to ensure quality delivery. Acquires and disseminates project information and quality status to internal and external partners.
Establish and ensure adherence to quality assurance testing directions, standards, guidelines and methodologies.
Creates or advises others on testing strategies.
As recognized Subject Matter Expert, seek out opportunities to advance application knowledge.
Proactively instruct others to develop SME knowledge.
• Review and Approve Stage Gate review forms.
• Ensure that defined QA Processes are implemented in all aspects of project oversight (plan, design, implement, execute, evaluate). Review reports and results of software testing and provide input.
• Provide key input to the Manager of QA on QA process, project and program management and individual performance of QA FTE and contractor personnel.
• As recognized expert participate in knowledge transfers to ensure that system and business domain knowledge is maintained as QA members and contractors move between projects or other initiatives.
• Provide feedback on and suggestions for improving QA Processes to QA management.
• Keep abreast of technology trends in the QA and PBM industry and determine if useful and/or feasible (ie financial impact) and make recommendations to the organization.
• Assist in the adoption of new technology in the department.
• Solve complex problems for projects or teams.
• Lead the delivery of QA training and areas of expertise.
• Ensure that defined QA SEP Processes are implemented in all aspects of project oversight (plan, design, implement, execute, evaluate).
• Supports Production and Warrantee issues On Demand and as required and participates in release support for both major and minor releases.
• Represents QA in discussions with all aspects of project lifecycle related to RCA, mitigation of project risks, defect triaging and planning.
• Assist QA management in data gathering for QA metrics and improvements.
• Continually enhances understanding of PBM knowledge.
• Team player and works well with others.
• Pays keen attention to detail.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and business language.
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Actively pursue personal career growth and a Learning Plan
BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience required. MS preferred.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking Advice and Counsel at mailto:Advice&Counsel@cvshealth.com
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/