CVS Health Network Pharmacy Operations Executive Advisor in Scottsdale, Arizona
CVS Health has a dynamic opportunity for a Network Pharmacy Operations Executive Advisor to join our dedicated team. In this role, you will be responsible for the broader oversight, management and innovation of existing and emerging pharmacy network products with a focus on the design and creation of productivity tools and quality review. As the Executive Advisor you will lead key initiatives and help to guide other network operations subject matter experts.
You will work closely with the Director of Pharmacy Network Operations in the development and execution of strategic network products, process enhancements, complex system and database management development, identification of new opportunities and coordination to enhance.
As an analytics leader supporting network operations, you will be responsible for the leadership of building an analytic framework to solve the business problems. You will be responsible for leading analytic solutions, including advanced data management, reporting development, and data infrastructure improvements aimed at managing pharmacy reimbursement accuracy. You will collaborate with business partners from operations, information technology, and network development to build productivity/quality review tools. Your experience will include translating business needs into analytic questions. Using these skills, you will enable a data driven approach to quality monitoring, leading to improved internal operations and increased client satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide overall leadership for network management and reporting solutions, including oversight and coordination of all solution components new/existing
• Development of core network development processes and workflows to ensure cross-team collaboration and leveraging expertise from internal partners.
• Develop a core understanding of network operations, important operational metrics and key business issues and data
• Collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to gather and analyze their needs and identify opportunities for process improvements with cross-functional team
• Apply creativity in developing analytic solutions based on available data sources, and in representing analytic findings in reports, tools, and other media to support most effective translation and application of internal and external customers;
• Design and implement robust analytic and reporting solutions to support the identified needs;
• Investigate and profile available data, identify gaps and develop a plan to address the gaps.
• Develop methodology for defining and measuring key metrics.
In order to be successful in this exciting opportunity, you will need to have the following skills:
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external partners.
• Outstanding process and project management skills, including coordinating activates across diverse departments and ensure that contributions across different teams are lined and integrated as part of overall delivery.
• Ability to quickly develop knowledge and understanding of new domains and underlying data sources.
• Proven ability to develop innovative analytic approaches leveraging all available internal and external data sources.
• Experience with in-depth statistical methodologies.
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to construct analytic solutions to business problems.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to interact with and influence decision-making by non-analytical business audiences.
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional work experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of project management experience.
• Proficiency in data analysis and hands-on experience/expertise in management tools, including Microsoft Access, VBA, SAS, SQL, BI tools such as Tableau/Microstrategy.
• Understanding of pharmacy network operations strongly preferred.
• Business Intelligence or Reporting Design experience strongly preferred.
• Advanced degree/experience in Project Management or Business Management (MBA) preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking Advice and Counsel at mailto:Advice&Counsel@cvshealth.com
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/