Lockheed Martin Voice/Data Communications Engineer in Santa Maria, California
Description: Voice/Data Communications Engineers work as part of the system solution team to identify configure and test hardware solutions to meet the needs of the Western Range Modernization Network (WMN) effort replacing an existing ATM network with an IPv6 solution. Engineers help to select and evaluate equipment, plan integration and testing strategies, and ensure full redundancy for range safety critical systems. The team will support implementation of microwave, IP, video, and voice solutions. Engineers will work with test, documentation and training teams to create the needed support documents.
· Analyze, design, configure, deploy, and test system designs, protocols, and implementations
· Recommend changes to improve system architectures
· Participate in cross-functional customer facing integrated product teams (IPT)
· Support Cyber/IA team to ensure network is hardened to meet security needs
· Support Program Management Office (PMO) in estimating, reporting, and planning communications engineering tasks
· Test serial data circuits including: T1’s, DS1, DS3, RS232, RS530 and 422 signals
· Work with GPS receivers, Time Generators and NTP servers
· Support Network Specialists with IPv6 protocols, Data and Telemetry Transports
- Experience with communications engineering on Air Force LTRS Range
- Experience in voice/data/analog and digital video development and implementation
- Experience working with encrypted data streams
- Experience contributing on network architecture designs
- Experience with test equipment such as FIREBERD Bit Error Rate Testers, OTDR, Oscilloscopes, Signal Analyzers and DB loss Fiber Meters
Must obtain and maintain a SECRET Clearance.
· Experience with system hardening to DIACAP or RMF specifications
· Experience implementing an IPv6 solution
· Experience developing and testing fully redundant network solutions
· Experience working with circuit over packet hardware
· AutoCAD experience
· Juniper, Brocade, and Cisco networking hardware experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.