Lockheed Martin Global Broadcast Service (GBS) Program Manager in Rockville, Maryland
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
We are seeking a Program Manager of the LM Space Global Broadcast Service Engineering Services (GBS ES) Air Force program. This position is part of the National Critical Systems (NCS) Directorate, operating within LM Space Mission Solutions.
In this dynamic role you will:
• Lead a team of engineers in Rockville, MD.
• Lead the day-to-day execution of the GBS ES program
• Own responsibility for researching, shaping, and leading the capture of adjacent opportunities aligned with the Directorate’s vision and strategy.
• Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills, desire challenges and be willing to engage in frequent interactions with peers, potential teammates, and customers in other geographical locations.
• Demonstrate your experience with Agile methodology and practices and be able to translate and execute the technological roadmap to accomplish the programs’ objectives.
• Lead customer interactions, cost/schedule management of the budget baseline and project work resource allocation, while focusing on the overall technical and program performance of contract scope.
• Manage a portfolio of networking and communications programs (terrestrial, MILSATCOM or COMSATCOM) for the DoD or commercial customer.
• Achieve penetration in adjacent and related domains by identifying customers and developing bids and proposals.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Below, see some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
To learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package, click here.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical or management field related to computer science, systems engineering, software development, or information systems
• Demonstrated Program Management and leadership skills (prior lead, supervisor and/or management experience)
• Demonstrated customer interface skills
• Experience developing ROMs and Engineering Change Proposals including Basis of Estimates (BOEs)
• Active DoD Secret security clearance is required prior to start.
• Advanced degree in business or a technical discipline
Experience in a leadership role on a space-ground development program
• Knowledge of the MILSATCOM and COMSATCOM domains
• Knowledge of program finance and business operations
• Capture Management/Proposal Development experience
• Cost Account Manager (CAM) / Earned Value Management experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Self-starter and leading/managing with a minimum of oversight and direction
• Demonstrated relationship building
• Experience leading Agile teams using Scrum, Kanban or other methodologies and/or the understanding of Agile development concepts including test automation and continuous integration and deployment
• Domain expertise in communications programs and networking.
• Experience in new business development (bids, proposals and ECPs) as well as the capture process.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs