American Electric Power Trans Project Mgr - Trans Project Mgr Sr in Roanoke, Virginia
Trans Project Mgr - Trans Project Mgr Sr
Assist in managing intermediate projects and complex projects and progressively develop managing intermediate projects in a matrix team environment. Provide leadership, direction, coordination, and effective communication to initiate , plan, execute, monitor and control, and close projects in a safe, efficient, economical, risk-balanced approach to achieve short and long range goals and to obtain maximum customer satisfaction . Develop relationships and effectively communicate with all stakeholders including internal customers, external customers, team members, suppliers, contractors, vendors, and industry peers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
1) 1. Assist in planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating assigned project activities. Perform coordination and administrative tasks as delegated by the lead project manager. Act on behalf of the lead project manager during times the project manager is unavailable.
2) Support and hold employees and contractors accountable for the AEP System Safety Process, ensuring a safe working environment focused on Zero Harm .
3) Develop, review and coordinate the project plan, schedule, budget, tools, and staff. Perform coordination role as assigned to increase awareness in all knowledge areas of project plans. Perform Lead Project Manager role as assigned to increase awareness and build proficiency in all knowledge areas of project plans.
4) Effectively communicate project details and status updates. Lead planning meetings and project/outage updates with supportive role in stakeholder presentations. Provide clear and concise written and oral reports and other communication.
5) Develop working relationships with the project team, plant staff, contractors, vendors, and suppliers. Foster teamwork and seek customer satisfaction.
6) Provide Transeral guidance and feedback, to improve design, systems, procedures, schedules, and costs. Provides specific guidance in these areas and begins to challenge others at an apprentice level of informed understanding in all project work.
7) Assist the lead project manager in ensuring efficient and timely performance of project work activities. Proficient and effective in assisting the lead project manager and/or delivers similarly when leading intermediate projects on their own.
Auto req ID:
Trans Project Manager:
Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business or related field of study with three (3) years qualified experience or, two-year Associate’s degree in the same required disciplines with five (5) years of qualified experience (see below).
Three (3) years of experience as a PROJECT MANAGER ASSOCIATE (Grade 6) as applicable is preferred, OR demonstrated competencies, knowledge and skillset through achieved results in a shorter time line.
Qualified experience includes work in project management, major construction field experience, project estimating, project controls, project engineering, and/or comparable internal or external experience in an engineering or construction environment. Experience must include project management and business/financial administration activities and responsibilities.
Trained in areas of construction safety, negotiations, scope development and control, cost estimating, construction contracting, project controls and reporting, quality control, risk management, etc.
Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred for both levels of this posting.
Trans Project Manager Sr:
Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business or related field of study with five (5) years qualified experience or, two-year Associate’s degree in the same required disciplines with seven (7) years of qualified experience
Two (2) years of experience as a PROJECT MANAGER (Grade 7) is preferred, OR demonstrated competencies, knowledge and skillset through achieved results in a shorter time line
Equal Opportunity Employer | Minorities/Females/Disability/Vets
American Electric Power
- American Electric Power Jobs