MAXIMUS Sr. Mangr Service Delivery- AGILE, Microservices-Denver or Austin in Reston, Virginia
Sr. Manager – Softwr Engnr -
MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and Saudi Arabia. The Company delivers business process services to improve the cost effectiveness, efficiency and quality of government-sponsored benefit programs, such as the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid, Medicare, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Health Insurance BC (British Columbia), as well as welfare-to-work and child support programs around the globe. The Company’s primary customer base includes federal, provincial, state, county and municipal governments. Operating under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People®, MAXIMUS has more than 16,000 employees worldwide.
This role will support the Microservices initiative currently underway. Service Manager will be responsible for managing the build, deploy, execution and ongoing maintenance of assigned business service(s) related to the MARS Enrollment Broker Product.
This position manages the activities of development, test strategies and quality assurance functions for development of business services using Microservice Architecture (MSA). Key responsibilities are to develop and manage people, provide functional leadership, lead project planning, facilitate communication, and offer business service vision. Coordinates project timelines with product and delivery managers, determines and obtains resources, assigns work, monitors progress and results, and provides leadership. This Manager is a champion for cross functional collaboration, running agile development, helping transition new teams to agile methodologies who have not embraced agile methodologies, and assisting the teams to adopt DevOps practices.
• Manages AGILE teams and Product Management to refine requirements, understands how broader properties of the system will be met, and helps design efficient, flexible, highly scalable and extensible services
• Focuses on developing and implementing DevOps practices in the design, development and running of Microservices
• Manages release cycles, performs resource and capacity planning, coordinates AGILE ceremonies, and communicates Product Development status to stakeholders
• Works closely with Platform team engaged in automation of infrastructure provisioning and auto scaling
• Works closely with Platform team and SecOps team to understand security requirements and incorporate the security requirements in the design of Microservices; integrates security management tools in the Microservice development life cycle
• Works closely with the Service Director to monitor the development costs and develops the cost models for delivering the business services
• Manages the operations and maintenance of the Microservices to ensure that SLA’s are met and new features are introduced with agility
• Analyzes criteria and gathers necessary data to answer key operational questions
• Meets with key partners, internal teams and third party partners in join design and development efforts while being able to articulate roadmap and product architecture
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Applied Science, Information Technology, or Engineering
• Minimum seven (7) years’ experience with people management
• Experience designing complex product technologies and initiatives from concept through release
• Ability to collaborate and thrive in a dynamic inspiring environment
• Experience with AGILE methodology
• Experience with resource and capacity planning
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
• Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
• Ability to travel 25-50% nationally on an as needed basis
• Certified Scrum Master or PMI-ACP
• Ability to sit for up to 90% of time
• Ability to lift or carry objects up to 10 lbs.
• Frequent use of computer, telephone, and office equipment (copier, fax, scanner)
Manages activities of two or more sections or departments.
Exercises supervision in terms of costs, methods, and staffing.
In some instances this manager may have subordinate supervisors and/or managers.
Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
Establishes operational objectives and work plans and delegates assignments to subordinates.
Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation.
Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Requisition ID: 2018-35652
External Company URL: www.maximus.com
Street: 1891 Metro Center Drive
Post End Date: 1/31/2019