MAXIMUS Sr. Benefits Specialist - SCA in Reston, Virginia
Responsible subject matter expert for all benefits compliance and administrative activities in support of the Company’s contractual obligations related to Service Contract Act (SCA) and Wage and Hour regulations.
• Serves as subject matter expert regarding SCA company benefits plans, including medical, dental, life insurance and retirement, etc. for employees and dependents.
• Works in partnership with Shared Services management to provide services and answer questions from internal client base, and human resources field representatives.
• Partners with internal benefits team and management and to plan strategy for annual open enrollments.
• Prepares and distributes benefits materials to ensure and enhance employee understanding of benefits, and claims submission.
• Responds to employee, supervisor and management inquiries regarding benefits. Partners with Shared Services team to resolve escalated employee benefit issues from the third party administrator in an accurate and timely manner.
• Coordinates with vendors to compile quarterly benefits information and reconciles pursuant to Wage Determination Letter obligations based upon an employee s location.
• Calculates owed health and welfare, plus fringe benefits, amounts and prepares for processing for contribution into an employee’s saving plan account.
• Obtains approval for processing contributions.
• Performs audit of leave dates for entire SCA population and makes appropriate corrections in HR system on a bi-weekly basis.
• Audits all FMLA and PTO hours records within payroll systems on a bi-weekly basis.
• Manages and updates the SCA PTO matrixes, and assists with the audit of wage determinations per locality, thereof.
• Responsible for contracting anniversary records of SCA leave hire dates within human resources systems.
• Coordinates with Payroll team to compile quarterly reports reflecting hours worked on the respective programs covered by SCA obligations. Utilizes hours worked reports to calculate quarterly benefits true-up amounts by employee.
• Develops communication materials and coordinates review with management, human resources, legal, Federal contracts team, federal compensation, and external counsel. Oversees the production of and dissemination of communication materials.
• Audits compliance with SCA wage rates and works with local HR to process hourly wage rate increases to ensure employees are paid the respective SCA hourly wage rate for their location.
• Conducts periodic audits of hourly wage rates of new hires and promotions to monitor local adherence to paying SCA wage rates.
• Audits all completed employee internal transfers and job changes to ensure benefits codes and statuses are updated.
• Assists with completion of National Medical Support Notices per state legislations and child support divisions, as well as the calculation of disposable earnings per employee case.
• Supports Contracts by conducting wage and benefits analysis in order to provide pricing information for both new contracts and those being renewed.
• Maintains awareness of changes to laws, regulations, and Executive Orders that might affect the Company’s SCA and Wage and Hour obligations, and assists with internal processes and change management, as needed.
• Prepares periodic reports for management.
• Coordinates meetings with subject matter and legal experts on issues that arise.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required
5+ years of SCA benefit administration and analysis experience required
Experience with the Service Contract Act and Wage and Hour regulations
Strong project management & verbal communication skills.
Must be well-organized and adaptable to situational changes
Must demonstrate strong analysis/problem solving skills.
Attention to detail and accuracy are critical.
Solid use and expertise of Excel required
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Requisition ID: 2018-32915
External Company URL: www.maximus.com
Street: 1891 Metro Center Drive