Bank of America Production Services Lead in Plano, Texas
Bank of America is looking to build out their Production Services capabilities in Plano, TX.
Enterprise Role Overview:
Production Services is responsible for running the day to day operations of the technology platform. Work activities specific to Production Services roles include Problem/Incident Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness,Capacity/AvailabilityManagement, Application Monitoring, Service Analytics and Reporting, Production Governance, Triage, Associate Support, Change/Configuration Management, etc. The Production Services Lead identifies possible production failure scenarios, creates incident tickets, enhancements and/or problem tickets in ticket tracking system, and communicates effectively with development and internal business operations teams. Identifies vulnerabilities and opportunities for improvement, as well as maintain metrics to help develop analysis that will drive improvement in all areas of Production Services. Creates and enhances administrative, operational and technical policies and procedures, adopting best practice guidelines, standards and procedures. Takes ownership of escalations and perform trouble shooting, analysis, research and resolution using advanced query and programming skills. Performs analytical, technical, and administrative work in planning, installing, designing and supporting new and existing equipment and software under moderate supervision. Resolves complex issues. Consults with end users to determine optimal configuration of equipment and applications. Works on problems of minimal-moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Should have increased awareness and exposure to basic technical principles, concepts and techniques. May provide coaching and mentoring for other employees but does not directly manage others. Initiates and provides leadership, strategic/tactical direction and planning input on all information technology and client/business area issues and in the development of a technology environment which meets current and anticipated business requirements and objectives. Participates with management in the development of technology products, service standards and development efforts that impact the client/business area. Serves as an escalation point between the client/business area and internal management for the resolution of moderately complex unresolved problems, complaints and service requests. Provides the client areas with technology products and service alternatives that improve the production services environment. Employees in this job code manage a function but do not manage people.
*Candidates requiring visa sponsorship will not be considered for this position*
This position will be located at our Plano, TX, technology center only.
Job Specific Description:
The existing FICC KDB Support team is responsible for providing end-to-end 24x6 support for all KDB plants within FICC. The team supports a fast growing business operating in true partnership with our Development and Front Office stakeholders. Responsibilities will include:
• Act as the first point of support for application incidents
• Build a strong relationship with the Application Development Team
• Receive and log calls from clients using appropriate processes, procedures and technology
• Identify, diagnose and resolve functional and technical problems and business critical incidents through research and analysis of trends, root causes, and business impact
• Highlight functionality issues to developers
• Assist in the translation of solutions into technical requirements
• Develop and utilize appropriate tools to perform work
• Raise defect reports to the development team for code amendment
• Maintain a knowledge base of known defects and issues, process, and techniques
Client Relationship Management
• Clearly understand client’s business he or she is responsible for and recommend, provide and support application service that best fit client’s current and future needs
• Communicate status with end users at all times
• Contribute to continuous improvement
• Proactively support knowledge sharing
• Track change requests and high severity incidents in accordance with defined service levels
Advanced Application functions
• RAD development as appropriate (user needs, supplementary tooling as required)
• Advanced user configuration options
• Support and use of advanced application functions at request of users
• Infrastructure and Capacity management of all our plants
• Ensure platform continuity (e.g. BCP planning, testing, execution)
• Change & Release Management
• Participation to a ROTA to ensure adequate coverage across all desks. Current hours of coverage provided by the team are from 07:00 until 19:00 Mon-Fri.
• Weekend working to support critical business initiatives such as start of week checks, application rollouts, infrastructure changes or Disaster Recovery tests
• On-call support for escalation of complex issues
Required Skills (Must have these skills to be minimally qualified):
•Strong technical knowledge: KDB & other databases (Sybase/SQL/Oracle), Q, UNIX / Linux.
•Experience in Monitoring & Alerting, and Job Scheduling Systems
•Being comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
•Strong grasp of automation / devops tools – Ansible, Jenkins, SVN, Bitbucket
• Java, Python, Perl, Shell scripting
Posting Date : 09/07/2018
Plano, TX, BUILDING C, 7105 CORPORATE DR,
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.