MAXIMUS Project Manager – Clinical Peer Review in Pittsford, New York
MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the contracted work and be the primary point of contact for the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Clinical Peer Review for Quality Management. This management position will ensure that all services are effectively and efficiently delivered. This role will maintain responsibility for the overall management, contract compliance, and project quality assurance so that all contract deliverables are met, timeliness and quality standards are upheld, and client needs are satisfied.
• Establish work procedures and standards to improve efficiency and effectiveness of assigned operations; provide review annually or more frequent to assure continuous improvement of work processes
• Compose performance evaluations for bonuses and annual performance reviews
• Maintain effective interdepartmental relationships
• Determine performance levels of team members; quality review of team work; workload product
• Coach and mentor team members toward achieving individual and business goals.
• Lead staffing process to include interview and recommend applicants for hire
• Monitor workload and coordinate schedules
• Ensure cases are completed timely, are distributed to appropriate medical expertise, and that quality measures are met
• Review and understand contract scope and requirements and communicate pertinent program updates in a timely manner
• Provide disciplinary action in accordance to company and project guidelines, and complete and deliver performance warnings as applicable
• Provide Manager with updates on all issues regarding quality, training, policy, procedures, staff issues, case determination and appeals activity
• Perform other duties as assigned by management
• Licensed RN with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited BSN program
• At least two (2) years of management experience with clinical peer reviews
• At least six (6) years of related work experience is required
• Prior project management and quality management experience is required
• Legal and/or clinical hospital experience is required
• Experience with Veterans Health Care Services
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
• Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
Manages, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
In some instances this manager may be responsible for a functional area and not have any subordinate employees.
Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve problems.
Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
Frequently interacts with subordinate employees, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Requisition ID: 2018-32926
External Company URL: www.maximus.com
Street: 3750 Monroe Avenue