Lockheed Martin Analytics Research Scientist in Palo Alto, California
Description: Lockheed Martin Space’s Advanced Technology Center is seeking exceptional candidates with a strong technical background, a passion for collaborating across a diverse, high-performing organization and a motivation to discover creative solutions to some of our nation’s highest priority problems- from space! The Analytics & Data Exploitation department works to solve the nation’s and Lockheed Martin’s toughest problems by understanding observables based on fundamental physics and using that understanding to develop innovative methods to process, analyze and exploit the data collected by our systems. Our team supports a wide variety of mission areas and customers, applying cutting edge disciplines such as 3D lidar sensing, machine learning/artificial intelligence and quantum computing. This position will provide support to senior researchers in the areas of target tracking, information fusion, image and signal processing, computer vision, optimization, pattern recognition, statistical analyses, machine learning, artificial intelligence, modeling and simulation, and software development.
• Strong understanding of algorithm development to solve complex problems, demonstrated experience in object-oriented software design, as well as familiarity with high-level programming languages such as Matlab, C++, Perl, Python, and Java.
• Strong technical writing, presentation and overall communication skills for reports, proposals, technical presentations, and interaction with customers, team members, suppliers, and academic/industry collaborators.
• Able to communicate complex ideas and explain relevant technology and concepts to an audience of both experts and non-experts.
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision in a geographically distributed team environment.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated proficiency or mastery of at least several of the desired skills, as well as the interest, motivation and ability to learn and grow in the other desired skill areas:
• Target tracking
• Information fusion
• Image and signal processing
• Computer vision
• Pattern recognition
• Statistical analyses
• Machine learning
• Artificial intelligence
• Modeling and simulation
• Software development
• A PhD in a related discipline.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.