Lockheed Martin Tool Engineer Staff in Palmdale, California
Description: Candidate will be responsible for the Designs of industrial machinery and equipment, tools, dies, gauges, jigs, fixtures, and machine attachments required for production or experimental use, considering such factors as accessibility, economy, mobility, and performance requirements.
Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts, in the field.
Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.programs to include cutting tools, motors, fastener installation tooling and gauging
MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN - This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
Desired Skills: • Bachelors degree in related discipline with previous tool design
• Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories
and concepts, in the field
• General knowledge of other related disciplines
• Ability to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
• Solutions are imaginative, thorough, and practicable, and consistent with
• Experience with engineering concepts including design and mechanical
• Previous experience in tooling to include: make concept or design
• CATIA V5 experience
• Experience working with engineering 2D and 3D modeling
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.