Lockheed Martin System Safety Engineer Lead in Palmdale, California
Description: --Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Programs--Skunk Works--
This position is for Flight Safety and System Safety engineer for an ADP program in Palmdale, CA. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for working at the Integrated Product Team (IPT) level for the program. Reviewing product systems, associated support equipment and facilities, functional specification and operations, and establishing safety requirements. Independently analyzes and recommends safety criteria in system design, equipment and procedures to control or eliminate hazards. Perform qualitative and quantitative hazard analyses on aircraft systems, human vehicle interfaces, and flight/ground operations to identify and mitigate safety hazards. Interface with aircraft design teams, supplier, internal management and external customers at various levels. Establish safety inputs to supplier data packages. Develop safety documents and hazard analysis as required to support customer and test/operational range requirements.
This position is responsible for elements of cost, schedule and technical performance of projects. Assists with the preparation of proposals, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Prepares and presents technical product information to customers.
Task assignments will arise from various sources, and the output from the projects worked by this individual will often include coordination with, and out briefs for, leaders. Candidate will coordinate with various functions on the team to develop integrated technical/project solutions to both tactical and strategic program issues. Selected candidate may be assigned responsibility to develop a program plan for new scope, lead the proposal for that effort, and manage the execution of the task once authorized.
Up to 20% travel is required.
***Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a Secret clearance with Background Investigation date less than 5 years to start.***
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related
discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- Experience with and knowledge of System Safety
analyses and tools
- Experience with Mil-Standard 882 or equivalent
- Must have a final Secret with a Background
investigation within the last five years.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the current system
- Ability to work independently and lead a team to accomplish required tasks
- Full life-cycle System Safety experience
- Ability to operate autonomously with minimal direction from senior management
- Strong horizontal integration skills
- Strong communication skills (written and oral), with a willingness to engage with subject matter experts in a variety of different functional organizations
- Willing to operate in a fast-paced environment that may periodically include short-turn-around assignments and working irregular or weekend hours
- Experience working closely with the customer to meet safety requirements
Ability to work effectively with an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment, developing and presenting technical information to multiple levels of management and customers
Proven ability to drive issues to resolution, which may involve direct interaction with senior leadership within LM and the customer organizations
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.