Lockheed Martin Software Engineer, Software Developer, Software Development Engineer in Palmdale, California
Description: The Skunk Works (Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Program) is looking for world class talent in Mission Systems and Software to be a part of a team that will carry on our 75 year tradition making history in advanced aircraft development.
Responsibilities will span the technology development lifecycle, including requirements generation, system and software design and implementation, and integration and flight test.
Responsibilities will include developing software for air vehicle systems, and may span avionics services, to include ground station development as well as mission systems software technologies. Integration activities will include a multitude of host systems, and laboratory environments that include constructive simulations, physical hardware, and system simulations.
The successful candidate will work with a high-performing multi-site, multi-program team and must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, time-management, and interpersonal skills. The ability to travel on occasion for team interaction and integration and test activities is required.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a Secret security clearance updated within the last 5 years to start.
Desired Skills: Experience with the following:
- Developing software for air vehicle or mission systems
- Experience developing software for Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Experience leading and managing small teams
- Experience developing, integrating, testing, and deploying one or more real-time applications
- Rhapsody or other model-based software development
- Integrating hardware and software
- Data Acquisition and telemetry systems
- Configuration management
- Agile software development
Experience with the following:
• Ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics
• Strong decision making and judgment
• Oral and written communication skills
• Basic financial and business acumen
• Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver results for the business in partnership with program managers and other functional disciplines/organizations as needed
• Demonstrated experience using standard office software tools/ solutions e.g., Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
Must be willing to mentor junior-level team members.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline
- Embedded software experience
- Experience developing software for avionics systems
- Experience with C / C++
- Experience leading software projects
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.