Lockheed Martin Military Operations Analyst Staff / System Engineer / Advanced Programs in Palmdale, California
Description: --Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Program--SKUNK WORKS-
Lockheed Martin is looking for world-class talent to join our historic Skunk Works Operations Analysis team in Palmdale, CA. We are seeking a candidate who thinks strategically and creatively with proven analytical and engineering problem-solving skills; is passionate about working on cutting-edge design concepts; is driven to learn and explore new areas; and thrives in a high-performing team environment.
The selected candidate will be responsible for modeling and analysis of military systems to quantify the impact of operational concepts, air vehicle design, payloads, and tactics. Candidate will apply constructive simulations and data analytics to derive operational and system requirements, evaluate vehicle survivability, air combat effectiveness, and assess systems of systems concepts and military utility. Responsibilities will include researching military systems performance and operations, modeling military systems and scenarios in digital simulations, developing simulations and analytical methods; selecting measures of effectiveness; designing and executing trade studies; performing data analytics and statistical analysis; and developing effective presentations that succinctly communicate results and findings.
As a member of a multi-site team, the selected applicant must be self-motivated with proven ability to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team environment. The successful candidate must demonstrate effective communication skills as the position will require frequent interactions and collaboration with leadership, project leads, other team members, engineers in other disciplines, and customers. Candidate must demonstrate analytical skills and critical thinking to solve complex technical problems. The ability to travel on occasion is required.
***Applicant must be a US Citizen, as position is located at a facility that requires special access.*** Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Selected applicant must have an Active Top Secret Clearance to start.
• Must have an Active Top Secret Clearance to start
• Bachelors or above degree in technical discipline with appropriate number years of professional experience
• Experience applying simulations and models to solve engineering/analytical problems
• Experience in or with a field related to Military Operations Analysis; such as System Engineering, Mission Systems, Vehicle Design, Software Engineering, Fight Test, or Survivability
• Engineering, mathematics, physics or operations research degree preferred
• Experience modeling and analyzing air vehicles, sensors, or weapons
• Knowledge of surface and airborne threats and operations; including Integrated Air Defense System
• Military operations analysis experience
• Knowledge and experience with Suppressor, AFSIM, EADSIM, ESAMS, or BRAWLER
• Experience in air-to-air systems, operations, and analysis highly desired
• Scripting/programming experience (MATLAB or Perl/Python)
• Proficiency in design of experiments, data analytics, test data analysis, or statistical analysis
• Aviation Ops background
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated skill to develop and deliver effective presentations
• Project management or team leadership a plus
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.