Lockheed Martin Applications Engineer in Palmdale, California
Description: This position executes the planning, development, and integration of advanced manufacturing technology and processes to resolve technical manufacturing problems.
This position will perform project management functions such as budget and schedule management, status reporting, cost benefit analysis, trade studies, etc. as well as technology development functions, MRL (manufacturing readiness level) assessments, process definition and testing, industry capability evaluations and technical demonstrations for Manufacturing Technology projects supporting primarily Advanced Development Programs (ADP) Special Projects, and to some extent the F-35 program.
The primary focus for this role supports projects related to the implementation of manufacturing technology equipment and processes onto new ADP manufacturing build starts. Specific efforts include matching existing and newly developed manufacturing technology equipment and processes to build applications, performing process development testing, investigating industry solutions and capabilities, creation of manufacturing equipment and system specifications, procurement and supplier management, integration and production support.
This position includes engineering and technical support for projects ranging in early process development to final production implementation and across various disciplines of aerospace manufacturing ranging from metallic and composite fabrication, assembly, system integration, aircraft finishes and coatings, and manufacturing systems.
- Strong technical background
- Project management experience
- Experience developing advanced technology
- Experience with technical requirements generation and equipment specification development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a US citizen, this position is located at a facility that requires special access
- Secret level security clearance
- Experience working in advanced manufacturing concepts as they relate to current and emerging aircraft platforms
- Knowledge of military aircraft design, fabrication, assembly, finishes, and inspection methods and tools
- Knowledge of industry best practices for a broad range of manufacturing techniques
- Creative approach to technical problem solving
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.