Lockheed Martin Stockroom / Warehouse Attendant in Owego, New York
Description: o Faithfully follows standard operating and safety procedures to perform a variety of stockroom functions that may include counting and verifying material received, filling backorders, packaging materials for stock, physically storing materials away, picking materials from stock to fill specific order quantities, performing other standard stock-keeping functions, while always being diligent to safeguard and prevent damage to all materials handled.
o Completes various system transactions.
o Carefully handles a variety of materials including ESD-sensitive components and hardware that range in size from less than 1 mm to over 2 feet cubed and weighing 35 lbs. or more.
o Validates system and document data to the physical material and counts and identifies any discrepancies.
o Operates various material-handling equipment, including horizontal carousels, ESD workstations, electronic scales, bag sealers, pallet jacks, and uses skids, pallets and carts to complete work tasks. Obtains forklift operator certification, if required for the work assignment.
o Performs hand counting and may use scales to ensure accuracy of counts.
o Uses a variety of packaging and handling methods to protect the materials from damage.
o Works with good housekeeping habits.
o Uses professional, ethical behaviors in all dealings with co-workers and internal customers on a variety of needs.
o Shifts from one work task to another, as directed, without difficulty.
o May be asked to work overtime beyond the standard work shift or on weekends.
-Safety-minded work habit.
-Highly accurate workmanship, great attention to details, thorough double-checking to ensure accuracy.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with co-workers and customers.
-Able to operate a computer and learn how to execute required transactions in the inventory system.
- Able to learn the process steps of each task and complete the required training.
- Willingness to faithfully follow the documented processes.
- Capable of obtaining/maintaining Forklift certification (stand-up reach-type).
- Capable of repetitive lifting of packages to OSHA guidelines, with no physical restrictions.
- Able to stand and sit for extended periods of time.
- Able to kneel, squat, bend down, stretch, walk, climb stairs and ladders, and carry materials repeatedly through the day.
- Capable of fine motor/manual dexterity, strong grip, and repetitive movements and tasks.
- Able to push and pull loads with material handling equipment.
- Able to gain and maintain a secret clearance (a current clearance is a definite plus).
- Have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Able to work flexible work hours per week, greater than 40 hrs, and/or weekend work, as requested.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in electronic component stockrooms (especially in the Defense Industry)
- Experience in Lockheed Owego stockrooms and SAP given - Forklift operator certification
- Recent training in Electrostatic Discharge (ESD), Foreign Object Debris (FOD), Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), experience and training with Environmental, Safety and Health (ESH) procedures
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs