Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer, Reliability Engineer in Orlando, Florida
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Systems Engineer / Reliability Engineer will:
- perform reliability analysis on components, subsystems, and systems
- predict system reliability over the product lifecycle
- support, develop, coordinate and conduct technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts and design of experiments (DOE) constructs
- recommend design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability
- compile and analyze performance reports and process control statistics; investigate and analyze relevant variables potentially affecting product and processes
- ensure that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards
The Systems Engineer / Reliability Engineer must function well in a creative, high-tempo, collaborative, cross-functional, dynamic and multi-disciplinary environment. This position is located in Orlando and supports the Air Force Long Range Stand-Off (LRSO) Technical Maturation and Risk Reduction (TMRR) Program.
Typically has 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Mathematics or closely related discipline
- Understanding of Reliability engineering processes and tools
- Develop mathematical models to identify units, batches or processes to perform reliability analysis
- Analyzes preliminary plans and develops test plan and processes
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic multi-disciplinary environment
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Proficiency with standard documentation and presentation tools
- DoD Secret security clearance with an investigation in the past 5 years
- US Air Force Weapon Systems Programs
- US Strategic Systems
- Missile Weapons Systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project, Visio)
- Demonstrated ability as a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with team members
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.