Lockheed Martin Sr. Manufacturing Manager in Orlando, Florida
Description: Manages an organization of 120+ employees that is comprised of multiple areas of manufacturing and material handling to include receiving/exporting material (Orlando and San Diego), stocking/picking/kitting material, cable/subassembly, system assembly, machine shop operations, shipping and operations data analytics. The Multi-Functional Manufacturing Senior Manager role will oversee a team of mid-level leaders and supervisors who manage quality, cost and schedule targets for multiple programs being executed in the factory and warehouses.
This role requires a candidate with the ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with our ever-changing material/assembly volume while balancing our warehouse and factory space constraints. This individual will lead their organization to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment. The ideal candidate is a critical thinker and problem solver, who likes dealing with ambiguity, change, and enjoys setting a vision and strategy to drive improvements.
This leader is responsible for coordinating and supporting employee recruitment, selection and training, performance and talent management, scope delegation, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions. The Senior Manager will need to manage multiple simultaneous priorities in a fast paced production operations environment. This individual will support our Operations Excellence Teams using a tiered-metrics based approach to drive process improvements throughout our factory and warehouse operations.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or bachelor’s degree accompanied by experience in a related field.
• Strong project management and continuous improvement skills with a metrics driven mindset.
• Excellent conflict resolution skills and a customer focused attitude with the ability to build working relationships with all levels of personnel and management.
• Candidate should have financial experience managing cost in a manufacturing organization.
• Must have demonstrated ability to lead teams and experience with project/program management.
• Prior supervision of employees in a factory and/or warehouse environment.
• Motivational skills along with the ability to energize teams is a must.
• Prior experience with importing and exporting goods from the United States to Mexico and/or managing cross-plant-planning in an MRP system.
• Master’s degree in a related field.
• Graduate of the Lockheed Martin Operations Leadership Development Program.
• CAM trained and certified.
• Certified Level 1 or higher Lockheed Martin Program Manager.
• Prior usage of SAP/COS for warehouse/factory management.
• Experience with implementing and managing flow lines.
• Familiarity with IPC 620 and AS9100.
• Technical understanding of manufacturing and test requirements in a Mil/DOD environment.
• LM21 Green Belt, Black Belt or equivalent Lean/Six Sigma training.
• Secret security clearance or ability to obtain a security clearance.
• Bilingual: English/Spanish.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs