Lockheed Martin Software Quality Engineer Sr / Orlando in Orlando, Florida
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This is a Systems/Software Quality Engineering position supporting the LM Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) Training & Simulation Solutions (TSS) programs based in Orlando, FL. Position requires extensive travel to CONUS and OCONUS customer sites to support Government acceptance testing.
The position will interface directly with the Land Training Solutions (LTS) Quality Program Manager on Engineering Quality Assurance (EQA) work tasks/priorities and functionally reports to the LM RMS EQA Center of Excellence (COE) Manager for TSS. Ideal candidate will be expected to quickly come-up to speed with the LTS programs, System/Software EQA work scope, technical requirements, program risks, and delivery milestone schedule.
The Quality Engineer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Help Identify root causes and associated corrective actions, evaluate process/product performance, and participate/interface with the engineering counterparts on program activities to assure processes and products are compliant to contractual requirements
• Ability to evaluate data to identify systemic issues and trends
• Provide inputs to the QPM to ensure sound labor estimates on ECPs and on-going proposal efforts
• Participate in change control process boards (ERC/CRB), as required
• Witness integration and test activities and formal quality testing, as required
• Support security/information assurance activities, as required
• Support deployment of LTS deliverables to customer sites, ensuring successful customer acceptance at site
• Support production, test, and DCMA acceptance at source efforts in between deployments
• Ability to support a flexible travel schedule to both domestic and international customer sites to support product installation and sell-off and audit activities. (30% – 40% travel)
Have the ability and willingness to support an extensive travel schedule for both CONUS and OCONUS deployments. Must be able to work independently at customer field sites and possess strong follow through skills.
Previous experience in Quality Engineering and/or related discipline processes. Previous experience in Software Development Lifecycles (Agile, Waterfall, Spiral). Previous experience in Systems Engineering Methodologies.
Basic understanding of Software Languages (such as C#, C++ and Java) Experienced in performing Software Configuration Audits of both developed and COTS systems. Experienced in validating Software requirements, executing verification testing, and associated tool usage (DOORS). Code and peer review experience. Experienced reviewer of technical documentation. Experienced root cause analysis practitioner. Experienced performing corrective and preventative actions. Knowledge of AS9100/CMMI. Process auditing experience. Experience working with a military customer. Self-starter who is detail oriented, well organized and able to multi-task and self-prioritize within in a dynamic and demanding environment. Strong interpersonal skills working within a diverse environment and across many disciplines. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to create and provide briefings and status reports.
Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of quality engineering experience. DoD contract experience. Knowledge of LM RMS process and procedures. Lean/Six Sigma black (or green) belt. Knowledge of software development lifecycles such as Agile Development. Internal Process Auditing Experience. Hardware Engineering experience a Plus.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs