Lockheed Martin Software Quality Engineer Senior in Orlando, Florida
Description: This requisition is for a Senior Systems/Software Quality Engineer supporting the Training & Logistics Solutions (TLS) line of business for Lockheed Martin (LM) Rotary & Mission Systems (RMS) company in Orlando, FL. This position will interface directly with the program’s Quality Program Manager (QPM) and functionally report to the Enterprise Quality Engineering (EQE) Center of Excellence (COE) manager. Since this is senior-level position, the individual must be able to work independently, feel comfortable communicating to all levels of leadership (both internal & external) & have highly developed Quality Engineering skills. This position may require occasional business travel.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Assist in the identification of root causes and associated corrective actions, evaluate process/product performance (via internal audit), lead continuous improvement efforts, and participate/interface with the engineering community and customer (as required) on program activities to assure processes and products are compliant to contractual requirements
• Provide QA support for program peer reviews, regression testing, integration & test, and functional sell-off
• Assist with monthly inputs/metrics on the quality health of the program to the QPM
• Assist with Basis of Estimate (BOE) inputs for Systems/Software Quality Engineering work scope on ECPs and on-going proposal efforts
• Lead/assist in quality efforts as an engaged member of the program’s change control process boards (ERC/CRB/CCB)
• Support security/information assurance activities, as required
• Interface with Supplier Quality Engineering and Subcontractor Management, as necessary, to ensure Systems/Software subcontractor requirements are adequately defined and managed
• Provide technical assistance to other Systems/Software Quality Engineers supporting the program as needed
• Experienced at supporting System & Software Engineering requirements, design, integration and test activities
• Comfortable reviewing engineering drawings & process diagrams
• Strong understanding of system/software dependencies, process flow and development methodologies
• Demonstrated leadership potential
• Understanding of Lean/Six Sigma (LSS) principles
• Understanding of Root Cause Analysis methodologies
• Excellent communication/written skills
AS9100, ISO 9001 and/or CMMI knowledge
• Auditor experience
• Able to possess secret clearance
• Prior experience working with a military customer
• Possess an LSS Black Belt or Green Belt
• Prior leading a technical team (engineering or QA) on complex projects
• Prior experience supporting BOE generation for ECPs and proposals for new work
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs