Lockheed Martin Senior Staff Systems Engineer in Orlando, Florida
Description: The selected candidate will perform as a Lead Systems Engineer supporting F-16 Simulation and Training programs. She or he must possess a solid experience and understanding of the full system development lifecycle, including concept development, requirements and architecture, detailed design, implementation, integration, test & verification, and operation & maintenance of simulation-based training systems.
The selected candidate must have proven experience collaborating with internal and external teammates and customers (including sub-contractors) to address a range of activities including requirements flow-down, product sell-off, coordination of field support, subcontractor support, and technical problem investigation related to both SW and HW applications/products.
The selected candidate must have experience leading teams of 8 or more technical professionals, developing and managing schedules and control accounts.
Additional qualifications include the following:
• Responsible for overall engineering cost, schedule, and technical program performance for one or several development or upgrade Programs,
• Works closely with functional management to ensure accountability and staffing,
• Conducts technical reviews, Earned Value Management and development of all necessary engineering artifacts,
• Responsible for the identification and closure of technical issues,
• Provides timely and accurate projections of engineering resource requirements (people, tools, processes, etc.),
• Ensures Technical Performance Measurements are established and tracked by all Integrated Product Teams,
• Works with Program Management to ensure Organizational Standard processes are tailored, approved and followed,
• Drives execution efficiencies into our engineering development processes to improve our overall competitiveness,
• Develops a comprehensive functional excellence plan for the Systems Organization covering standards, product architecture, requirements management, and the process for design inputs,
• Ensures clear, cohesive and robust architectural design and requirements specifications for all products (leads, catheters, pumps, stimulators, programmers and accessories) in the portfolio.
The Lead Systems Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that organizational standard processes are adapted, approved and followed, and leverage proven processes, lessons learned and best practices from other parts of the business or industry.
The Lead Systems Engineer must consistently perform and behave in accordance with Lockheed Martin’s Full Spectrum Leadership imperatives.
The selected candidate must have:
• Strong team leadership skills,
• An understanding of simulation-based training system architectures, subsystem designs, requirements management approaches
• Experience solving complex technical problems and leading groups of engineers through technical evaluations, compilation of results, and development of recovery-plans / options,
• Experience leading and working as a member of a multi-disciplined team,
• Experience in program planning, cost, schedule, performance and sub-contract management,
• Knowledge of the systems development lifecycle and associated processes,
• Willingness to travel as required (Domestically and Internationally) to support program objectives,
• Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
• Strong domain knowledge and experience with fast jet aircraft platform simulation (e.g. weapon systems, avionics, flight modeling, etc.),
• Experience with model-based engineering methodologies (e.g., OOSEM, RUP SE, Harmony-SE)
• Experience with Agile development methodologies
• Relevant professional certifications (e.g., CSEP, PMP, PMI-ACP)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs